章 15

You didn't had much clothes to carry, so your bag was more on the lighter side. You did a double take around your room to make sure you didn't left anything out.

"Madam Y/N," You heard. You turned your body to face the door and smiled as you noticed Zeldin.

"Come in, come in," You urged and the knight followed your command. "What is it?"

Zeldin stayed silent for a few seconds as he glanced around your room. "Nothing really." He shrugged, making look at him with confusion. "I just wanted to but farewell."

You only laughed. "I won't be out for long. Maybe for a couple of weeks or so."

"Yeah, I know."

"So I expect you and Elith and Rimuru's subordinates to keep this village safe."

"Of course I will, Y/N." He became quiet before speaking once more, a somber look decorating his once happy face. "It's been so long since we've spend time with each other. We should do so once you get back. Me, you and Elith."

You smiled. "I'd like that for sure."

Zeldin reciprocated your expression before speaking once again. "Well, I don't want to keep you waiting. I was send here by lord Rimuru to tell you that he's ready to leave." He began walking out of your room. "I'll see you later, Y/N."

"See you, Zeldin."

~~~

"You're ready, Y/N?"

"Yep." You jumped on top of Ranga and sat behind Rimuru as you answered him.

"Good." He patted on the wolf's back, allowing the animal to start their journey. "Off we go."

You two sat in silence as Ranga moved through the forest. You didn't mind the silence as it was comforting, but you were also thinking of something to say to start up a conversation.

"Oh, Rimuru. I never noticed you had a mask." You pointed. The golden eye male had a look of confusion before realizing the object he had on the side of his face.

"Oh," he hummed with a smile. "This was gifted to me by the lady I told you about... My soulmate."

"Ah, I see." You nodded your head. "A remembrance of her, I presume?"

The slime shifter shrugged with a soft frown. "I guess you can say that."

You stayed silent as a smile formed on your lips. Your arms tightened around Rimuru's waist as you spoke. "Must be nice to have someone who truly loves you."

"What are you saying?" The slime turned to look at his fiancè before facing forward again. "There are so many people that loves you, Y/N. Why do you say that?"

You remained quiet, not wanting to further explain your true meaning.

You knew there are people from her kingdom that loved you. Some would say they even worship you—which you totally dislike—and you knew that if anything were to happen, they would be there to protect you. But the love you wanted was romantic love, parental love. Those were the love you never got to experience. You never knew what it was like to felt them. And when you thought you did, it was all fake. A ploy for their plan. Even so, you kept the smile on your face as you responded to your future husband.

"Yeah. I guess you're right—no reason."

A comfortable silence invaded the air once again as Ranga continued trotting his way to their destination.

The view before them changed from one of an empty green land, to the sight of many buildings. Rimuru grinned at the sight and ordered the dog to quickened his pace.

"Looks like we're here?" You commented. Ranga took a stop due to Rimuru's commands and allowed his lord to leap off his back.

"Yep. This is it." Rimuru let out breathy sigh and turned to face you. He watched as you, too, climbed down the dog's back with a grunt. "Are you ready to go?"

"Sure," You smiled.

I know it's short, sorry bout that

onto chapter 16...