章 2

"Now that I think about it... It feels wrong asking a villager for help when we know we can't give back." Elith stayed quiet as you spoke.

It was the day of your small trip to visit the village Elith had found for you. You were checking through all your stuff to make sure you had everything you needed.

"Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe I should just punish myself by building everything back myself."

"Stop, Y/N." Elith released a drastic sigh. "You can't keep thinking poorly about yourself like that."

"Ughh.. I'm sorry. I'm just totally anxious." You truthfully told.

"And it'll be fine. If it goes wrong, then we'll try other villages. Easy as that."

"But I'm not used to talking to other people outside my kingdom. What if I say the wrong thing? What if they hate elves? What if they-"

"Y/N." Elith was quick to stop your ranting. "You're queen now. You can't expect me, as your subordinate, to do everything for you. You have to woman up. You need to be the queen everyone needs." The woman tried to encourage you. "It's only going to be a short trip and, depending how well you guys interact, it may be shorter. Your only goal is to get whoever owns that village to say yes to your deal. Understood?"

You nodded. "Right. Understood."

Elith smiled. "I'll tell everyone you'll be off on a short adventure. Until then, keep safe."

"Of course. I'm the strongest one here." You giggled, before teleporting away from her sight.

"If you're so strong, then why do you act like such a weakling?" Elith sweat drop, mostly speaking to herself.

~~~~

Your eyes wondered around the forest before glancing back at the map that was in your hand. Elith handmade the map for you so it'll be easier to find the village, which you were very grateful for.

With a few turns, you finally came across with what you assumed was the village Elith spoke about.

You stood frozen in front of the entrance. Entering this place could either go perfectly or terribly.. But with the stake your kingdom was in, you were willing to risk it.

You lifted up a foot and was hesitant to place it pass the entry point. You would be lying if you said you weren't nervous and it made you more on edge when a sudden voice spoke to you.

"I'm sorry. Can I help you?" You prevent your leg from hovering over the spot any longer and darted your eyes at the random voice.

"I.. Uh.." Quick. Think. "I'm.. So.. Hungry.." You quickly dropped down to your knees. "If only.. I had.. Some good cooked.. Food..." With slurred voice, you slowly closed your eyes. You fully dropped your body to the ground, hoping the male would take into your quick act.

"Hmm.." He hummed before lifting up your body into his arms.

Onto chapter 3...