章 10

"How are you feeling, my dear?"

You remembered that day so well.

"Good morning, mummy." You rubbed your eyes, allowing the tiredness to escape easily.

It was engraved into your mind. You will never forget it.

"I have something special for you today, dear." The woman kissed her daughter's forehead as she began lifting her up from her bed despite being the age of seven.

"Really?!"

"Yep." The woman smiled. "You got to quickly get ready, though. We can't wait too long."

"Of course, mummy."

'Why?' You tend to ask yourself. Everytime this memory comes to mind, you always asked yourself such question. 'What was the reason? Did you not loved me?'

"You're always so busy, mummy. I'm surprised you had time for me today."

"Aw, don't say that, dear. I always have time for you." She booped your nose. "Like now." You giggled at her action.

"So where are we going?"

"We're going to visit a few of my friends. You wondered why I'm always so busy, right? I'll show you why."

You two appear in front of a castle-like building. The area around it was deserted and held nothing of life surrounding it.

"This place is scary, mummy." You held onto her long skirt and hid behind her. The woman only chuckled at her little child.

"Don't fret, my dear. Let's enter. My friends are waiting for us inside." You only nodded your head and followed behind your mummy as she and you went into the building.

Inside was dim. There was barely any light, but it was still enough for you to see around.

You whipped your head to take in the designs and decoration of the palace. It all seemed so sophisticated for you.

"Ah, Melda. There you are. I thought you'd never make it."

This part was something you wished to forget. Something you wished never happened.

~~~

"Y/N?" A knock was made in the door. "Y/N.." Once again, a knock was made.

"Maybe she's sleeping?"

"Haven't you seen the way she rushed up here, Zeldin? Why would she be asleep all of a sudden?" The male only shrugged. "Ugh. You're hopeless." Elith was about to knock once more when the bedroom door was opened.

"Y/N!" Both Zeldin and Elith shouted in excitement, but soon dreaded it once witnessing the look on your face.

"What.. what happened?" Zeldin wanted to know what caused his friend to look so miserable. Why was one of the most happiness girl sulking so miserably?

"It's better I tell you inside."

The two friends eyed each other before following Y/N into her room.

"The servants wouldn't allow us in the castle, saying that you were sick or something." Elith started.

"So we got some sick medicine for you." Zeldin added. "You do look terrible though."

"Zeldin!"

"Sorry."

Elith let out a distressed sigh. "So... are you going to tell us, or.... do you just wanna be by yourself for a while?"

It was quiet for a moment. You still thought about what happened. What was forced into her.

"I killed.... ten thousand people." You choked up. It was hard to do, but admitting to it? You don't want to believe it's true.

"Excuse me?"

"Mom... She told me to kill... innocent people... to become just like her."

Zeldin looked at Elith, his face structured shock as he heard his friend's secret.

"Now I'm... I'm a demon lord."

Your eyes shut open. You were dreaming about that seem event again.

You released a yawn as you got up from your bed.

Why was this so haunting to you? You killed innocent people during previous wars, why was this still a bother for you?

Was it because you were a child? Longing for someone to care for you like a mother would? To give you a normal childhood like you needed? What was the reason? Perhaps these were just excuse you give yourself to make yourself feel better about the situation. Maybe it was you. Maybe you're the reason why everything happened.

You did killed ten thousand innocent people after all.

onto chapter 11...