✧. ┊ ❝ blessing in disguise ❞

i'm going through it

oh my god, just **** it all and start again. 

CHAEWON POV

Nothing made any sense.

The reason I'd given that sweater to Minju for her to post was to make Y/N pay for ignoring me like that.

But had I ever actually thought about why Y/N did that? I'd borderline cheated, and charted it up to Y/N's childish immaturity that she was so crushed. We'd only been together for barely two months. We weren't incredibly serious, we were just having fun together.

Lots of fun.

{ THREE MONTHS AGO }

"Hey, Chae! Give that back~" Y/N whined as she tried to yank the remote from the older's hand.

"I don't think so," Chaewon teased, brushing her short black hair from her face and rolling away from her girlfriend. The two were sprawled on Chaewon's couch, watching TV, and Y/N wanted to change the channel.

Chaewon didn't, however.

"Why not? This show isn't very exciting anyway."

"It's my favorite," Chaewon pouted, and Y/N's expression changed instantly. She wrapped up Chaewon in a tight hug and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"Sorry, Chae. We can watch it then. Its plot isn't so bad."

Chaewon giggled and snuggled into her girlfriend, and they watched together, laughing. Sometimes, even Chaewon joined in on the ridiculing Y/N was doing of the male lead. It was a fun day, and Chaewon felt herself disappointed when her girlfriend had to go.

She missed her. A lot.

{ PRESENT DAY }

Did I still?

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. Minju.

"Yeah?"

"We need to talk."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I sat across from Minju in a cafe, staring at my hands awkwardly.

"Look, Chaewon..." She traced the rim of the coffee cup idly, staring at me a little guiltily. "I like you, but... I don't think you like me."

"What? No, I do!" I looked up in surprise, furrowing my eyebrows. "I do. I like you."

"Yeah... but people who like me don't ask me to post selfies on Instagram wearing their ex's sweater. Which I had to find out through Kkura, by the way. She's friends with one of your ex's friend's sisters."

I blinked in confusion. "Kkura... told Nako's sister about the post... who told Nako... who told Y/N." I sighed, regretting telling Sakura about the sweater. "Okay, but... that was just to show-"

"-Possessiveness?" Minju finished, staring at me, shaking her head. "No, Chaewon. I like you. I do. It's just that I don't think we're working out. You need to figure out this thing between you and your ex, all right?"

I could barely process this. "You're... breaking... up with me?"

Minju gave me a reluctant smile, and shrugged. "If you want to call it that, yeah. I'm sorry. But I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't feel the same way about me."

She stood then, and turned and left, her hair shining in a brief slat of light that shone from the shop windows. Flashing me one last smile, she exited the cafe, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"It can't be right. It can't be right. I don't still like Y/N, I swear."

Yunjin gave me a confused shrug, her red hair spilling over her shoulders as her experienced hands brewed me a coffee at her kitchen counter. "I don't know, Ssamu. There's that picture, for one, and also the fact that you're still sour about her being so hurt after the breakup. And you still don't know why, and that makes you mad."

"Hey, I asked you to make coffee, not psychoanalyze me," I grumped, and Kkura chimed in from a stool at the kitchen table.

"Everyone benefits from a little psychoanalyzing sometimes, Chae. Yunjin's just trying to figure out what's going on."

"And you with Nako," I sighed at her, crossing my arms angrily.

"Nako- Oh, you mean the little Yabuki. Yeah, I told her. She deserved to know the real reason. And so does Y/N. You can't keep confusing her."

"Okay, let me get this straight," Yunjin interjected, setting a steaming cup on the counter beside her. I made a beeline for it. "You and Y/N broke up three months ago after she caught you flirting with some other girl at a party. She flipped out over it, dumped you, barely saw you for a month, and was strange to you for two more. And you still don't know why it's so severe to her. Am I right? This is all from what you said, by the way."

I nodded yes. "It doesn't make any sense, Jen. And Minju dumped me, and Y/N's angry, and I'm so confused because her finally facing me for the first time after three months on this project is making me all... like..."

Yunjin faced Sakura with a smile, and the blue-haired girl returned it. The two turned to me and Kkura announced,

"The reason you're like this is because you don't know what to do with yourself. You were drunk when you cheated, and she became so frantic afterwards you didn't- and still don't- know what to do. A confrontation is long overdue, Chae. You can't keep doing this."

I stood there, coffee in my hands, mouth wide open.

"What did I say?" Sakura said cheerfully, stretching and standing. "You're always better with a little psychoanalyzing!"

a/n: okay we're done establishing chae's pov mostly. y/n's gonna get some confusing feelings to deal with soon, and then the EXCITING PART is coming up soon, i hope. ON THE OTHER HAND, any oneshot/imagine requests?

Song: blessing in disguise by HUH YUNJIN (OUR GIRLLLL STREAM HER MUSIC NOWW SHES LITERALLY THE KPOP TAYLOR SWIFT WITH ALL OF HER AMAZING SONGWRITING AND BEAUTIFUL VOCALS.) STAN LSFM!!!!!