✧. ┊ ❝ bye bye ❞

❝ i'm not gonna play the fool.

bye bye, love. 

YOUR POV { THREE MONTHS AGO }

{ WARNING : panic attack }

You had never wanted to be at this stupid party anyway.

Now here, dressed in revealing clothing you would normally never wear, you were stuck with a full glass in your right hand and a phone in your left. At this point, you were starting to seriously consider calling Kazuha to pick you up.

But no. You and Chaewon had been dating for nearly two months now, and she had quickly gotten jealous of the way you relied on Zuha for everything. So if you want to prove yourself as a good girlfriend, you have to not call her.

But it's so hard.

She didn't say anything about not calling Nako or Manchae, though...

"Y/N-ah," someone whined beside you, and you turned, startled, to see Chaewon lazily smirking beside you. She was leaning heavily on you, clearly drunk, detached giggles spilling from her painted lips. "Are you enjoying the party?"

"Oh, uh, yeah," you replied hastily, switching off your phone fast. "It's great. Everything's cool."

Chaewon narrowed her eyes. "I don't think so. I saw Kazuha on your speed dial."

Great. So being drunk impaired everyone's vision except your girlfriend's. "Just for a little. I'm okay now."

She gave an overdramatic, alcohol-laced sigh. "Suuuure. Come on. Have a drink or something~"

You sighed and eventually relented, taking a few sips from your glass (which was God awful) which seemed to satisfy Chaewon. She stumbled off in another direction, and you slipped into a side room.

Your phone pinged.

> ZUHA 💗

How's the party going

You're bored already aren't you

Y/N <

Uhh

Chae rlly wants me to stay tho

So i should

Zuha sent you that viral Dwayne Johnson face with the raised eyebrow, and you could practically feel the suspicion radiating off the screen.

You did want to stay though. Really. For Chaewon.

Voices suddenly sounded outside, laced with drunken giggling. A weight slammed against the door, and it flew open, revealing a pretty, brown-haired girl in a peach dress.

With her arms around your girlfriend's waist.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"You wanna explain what's going on?" you yelled, startling both girls into staring at you.

They had just stumbled into your room, the girl wrapped around Chaewon with Chaewon's head lolling against hers. Both were heavily drunk and probably not too coherent, but you didn't care. Red blurred your vision, and your heartbeat was starting to speed up.

"You were texting her," Chaewon whined at you, shaking her finger almost admonishingly, eliciting a fresh round of snickers from the other girl. "And I said not to do that. So if you can have fun, I can too."

Your chest felt too tight.

Your head was pounding.

So you said, your voice coming out erratic and rushed:

"We're done."

And then you ran- ran past your traitorous girlfriend, past that other stupid girl, past the party and the drinks and the lights and the music and the second-worst day of your life. You ran until you didn't even know where you were going and your hand was on the doorbell of a familiar house.

The door was open in seconds.

"Y/N, oh my God," Zuha spoke, appearing in just sweats and wrapping you in a tight hug.

At this point, the pressure was too much. You were breathing too fast, your chest heaving, your vision swimming. Fear shot through you like a bullet. 

"K- K- Kazuha," you gasped out finally.

She pulled back immediately, her eyes full of horror and worry, and sat you down on the couch, instantly soothing you.

"It's okay. It's okay. Don't worry, okay? I'm here for you. Just breathe in and out."

Breathe in. Breathe out. You felt fractured. Breathe in. Breathe out. Your memories kept coming back to haunt you. Breathe in. Breathe out. Chaewon's face.

You finally stopped crying, still taking erratic gasps in Kazuha's arms.

"Hey, hey, it's okay now, isn't it?" she soothed, hugging you close and rubbing your back. "What happened? You don't have to-"

"No, it's- it's okay."

You took a deep breath as Kazuha waited for you to finish.

"She- we were at the party and I opened my phone, a- and you were on speed dial. She- she saw me, and she a- asked me not to call you, and she was mad. So l- later, I saw her with this other girl, and they were hugging in this way, and she didn't even seem to care, and it was like- it was like-"

Kazuha shook her head at you, and you quieted, sobbing into her shoulder.

"Hey, shinyuu. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay."

But was it?

a/n: sorry for the random flashback! it'll be elaborated on in the next chapter + we're gonna get chae's pov soon too i hope!! also the song is "BYE BYE" by Red Velvet, fire song and stan rv!!!