✧. ┊ ❝ good vibes ❞

i only want good vibes 'round me tonight,

no negativity in my life. 

YOUR POV

You walked through the halls of your high school, Kazuha, Eunchae and Nako by your side.

It's been three months since you split with your ex, Chaewon, and the school is still buzzing. The breakup wasn't clean- she's known for being a notoriously cold flirt with a devil-may-care attitude towards love. You fell in love with her quickly after she turned her advances to you, and it really seemed genuine for a while until you caught her flirting with another girl. You dumped her, of course, and she didn't even seem to care.

Which was now eating at you.

However, you had the best support system- Kazuha, Eunchae, and Nako.

All three of you had been tight since childhood, Kazuha and you especially. The four of you had developed inside jokes, hung out for hours, and were all like sisters to each other. After the breakup, you'd cried into all of their shoulders, and gotten comforting words from each of them.

And you couldn't thank them enough.

"Hey, Zuha-chan," Nako said as you all walked through the halls. "Did you finish that assignment?"

Kazuha was about to open her mouth when Eunchae interjected, "Assignment?"

"That project for geometry class."

"WHAT?!" Eunchae's jaw dropped and you giggled, shooting Kazuha a playful look she quickly reciprocated. "Project? Geometry? Tell me you're joking..."

"It's okay, I got you," you interrupted. "Want to come over to my house later and we can all do it together?"

"Yes, thank you! I love you," she whined, wrapping you in a tight hug.

You laughed, and your smiling face caught the eye of someone across the hall.

Kim Chaewon.

She was dressed in a black crop top, baggy jeans, and leather jacket, leaning against the lockers on a phone call. Upon seeing you, however, she narrowed her eyes and hung up abruptly, shooting you a cold stare.

As you and your friends walked towards her, you averted your gaze, and Eunchae let go of you. 

However, Kazuha wasn't happy with that. She was sick of seeing you messed around.

She leaned over and whispered something into your ear, causing you to break out into a fit of giggles. It was one of your inside jokes.

Chaewon glared at you as you passed her. You snickered every few steps, recalling the joke, still cowed but feeling a little lighter thanks to your best friends.

They'd always have your back.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Yeah, that's the right answer. You're almost done, Manchae!"

You, Kazuha, Nako and Eunchae were lying on your couch, finishing the project- which was just a bunch of questions with a common theme. She was struggling with one question you had already completed.

"But... ugh. It doesn't make sense!"

"Yes it does," Kazuha interjected. "See, Y/N-chan just laid it out for you. It makes-"

Just then, Nako's phone pinged, and she looked at it. It was an Instagram notification from Kim Minju.

"Who's that?" Eunchae asked, her curiosity piqued as she stared, assignment forgotten.

"My sister's friend... a college student."

You peered at the picture Minju had posted, and your jaw dropped.

"Y/N?" You raised your head to see Kazuha looking at you closely. "What's wrong?"

"Nakocchi, that sweater your friend is wearing... that's mine."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Don't freak out! It's probably just the same brand."

"No! I gave that sweater to Chaewon. It used to be my favorite sweater, but she loved wearing it so I gave it to her."

It had the same frayed strings, the same worn hem. The dark spot in the same place. You felt anger boiling in your stomach. That sweater had meant so much to you and now it was Minju's. How had it ended up with her?

You thought you knew.

Chaewon had a new girl- and giving her that sweater was payback for you moving on from her.

a/n: hey hope you enjoyed this! the good vibes thing was just to emphasize zuha, manchae, nako's + your friendship. the lines from each song are just meant to represent the chapter, not the entire song itself. but thanks again, hope you enjoyed! i'll be updating the chapters pretty often.

Song: Good Vibes by HRVY, Matoma