Chapter 14

Chapter 14: "I've found a natural drug for all my panic, anxiety, and anger. It's his voice. It's him."

All it took was one photo for all my fears to come to life. The insecurities I never thought I had started to eat at me. The small voices of doubt have grown louder. 

Out of nowhere, negative thoughts flooded my head. 

That photo of Calem holding hands with Tanya outside of the latter's condo building made me question my relationship with him. I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions for that's when shit happens. 

However, what if he really likes Tanya? 

Or if not, what if he finds someone much better than I am? Paano ako?

Calem is too good to be true. To me, he represents perfection in every way; thus, why would someone of his caliber choose to stay with me?

Career-wise, things are going smoothly. I've earned enough to buy my own house and car, and I've managed to save, as well. Modesty aside, I'm not lacking in the beauty department. 

But compared to Calem? I am nothing. 

My achievements aren't even half of what he has already accomplished on his own. His face alone is enough to make every guy next to him feel insecure. The media wouldn't call him the 'cold city guy with an enchanting face' for nothing. And then there's the fact that he's from an influential clan that nobody would ever want to go against.

I shut my eyes, wishing the pain and doubts would all go away.

"Sam,"

My eyes flew open, startled when someone suddenly touched my shoulder. 

"Are you okay?" It was Pheobe. 

I nodded, brushing my hair away. 

She leaned down and whispered, "Kuya Cale wants to talk to you. He's outside our dressing room."

I remained silent for a few moments, contemplating whether I could face him now. However, I couldn't afford to be distracted today. We all worked hard for this day, our concert. Still, I didn't want him to feel I was being unfair by not giving him a chance to explain himself.

"I'll talk to him."

I took a deep breath, then went out of our dressing room. I found him leaning on the wall, his hands in his pockets, wearing a pensive expression on his beautiful face. With his hair colored in light blue, he looked like an anime character straight out of an animation.

I used to look at him with awe, and I still do. However, this time, it's strangely painful to look at such perfection. 

"Sam,"

I blinked as I realized that he had caught me staring at him in silence. 

Lumapit ako sa kanya. "Can we talk later? I can't deal with this right now."

He looked into my eyes like he trying to read my real thoughts before he nodded. "Later."

What was she doing here? 

Performing in front of thousands of people and pretending to be happy, even though deep down I was in turmoil, was challenging enough. But the toughest part was seeing Tanya seated right at the front of the stage. 

Front seats were reserved for our friends and family. So, who could've possibly given her a ticket? Ayokong mag-overthink pero hindi ko maiwasan.

Ate Elle slung her arm around my shoulders and pulled me to another part of the stage while we continued singing. Honestly, I was so close to losing it.