Chapter 10

Chapter 10: "I knew I loved you when I felt calmer with you than without you."

"Call me as soon as you arrive, hmmm?"

Without warning, my lips pushed forward, and tears welled up in my eyes. I bowed my head to hide my sadness. Subsequent to the incident at the Santa Monica Pier, we decided to end our vacation in the US.

It made me agitated as I saw his photos at the Santa Monica Pier online. May mga kumukuha na pala sa kanya ng picture habang naglalakad kasama ang mga pinsan niya. Fortunately, nasa unahan kami ni Candice kaya hindi kami nakuhanan ng picture.

Wearily, I searched if there were any photos of him taken of our arrival at the pier. I felt relieved when I saw none. 

What really worried me were the pictures of Calem getting into his Aston Martin Victor as we were leaving. They went viral. We were almost caught by his fans. Thankfully, Candace came up with the idea of me riding with Cray on our way home. She, in turn, rode in Calem's car and wore my cap just in case someone had seen us together.

"5 days, Love," he said above whisper, pulling me in his arms. 

Mauuna akong babalik sa kanya ng Pilipinas. He has to stay for his friend's engagement party later. We were supposed to attend the party together, but after what happened at the pier, we couldn't risk it anymore. 

Isiniksik ko ang mukha sa dibdib niya. Ilang araw lang naman kaming hindi magkikita pero sobrang lungkot ko na. He lifted my face and sighed when he saw my tears. Silently, he wiped my tears then leaned down to plant a soft kiss on my lips.

Just to be more cautious, he opted to use his Mercedes-Maybach on the way to the airport. We were both silent with our hands clasped together. 

"Five days lang, 'di ba?" naiiyak na baling ko sa kanya ng huminto ang sasakyan niya sa airport. 

He gently cradled my face and brushed his lips against mine softly. Delicately. Paulit-ulit pa niyang dinampian ng halik ang labi ko bago niya ako pinakawalan. 

"Call me as soon as you arrive in the Philippines," he said, reminding me.

I nodded. 

"Candace will accompany you." He glanced outside where Cray and Candace stood. "Take care, Love."

Bago bumaba ng sasakyan niya ay humarap ako sa kanya at niyakap siya ng mahigpit. "I love you," I uttered before giving him a brief but deep kiss on the lips.

He put my black CK cap on. Inayos pa niya ang buhok ko. "I love you."

Walang-lingon na bumaba na ako ng sasakyan niya. Lumapit sa akin sina Candace at Cray. 

"Have a safe flight, Sam. See you soon," Cray said.

Tipid akong ngumiti at nagpasalamat. 

Si Candace ang sumama sa akin sa loob. We were sitting next to each other at the waiting area when a group of Filipino fans approached me, asking for pictures. Anxious, I looked at Candace. 

"Relax," she whispered.

I tried my best to do so and smile in front of the camera. Nakipag-kwentuhan pa ako ng konti. When it was time for my flight, Candace gave me a warm hug and promised to visit in the Philippines soon.

I grumbled as my mobile data signal was too weak. As soon as I arrived in the Philippines, I immediately got back to work. I became so busy, but I would always find time to talk to my boyfriend.