Chapter 13

Chapter 13: "Jealousy is a cruel companion. It starts as a tiny nagging doubt and can grow into a raging, irrational monster."

As expected, Tanya's visit to our rehearsal was leaked to the public, and it solidified people's theory regarding her real relationship with Calem. 

In public's eyes, she is Calem's girlfriend. And me? Nothing.

When Tanya suddenly showed up the other day, I had to control the jealousy that filled my system and the urge to claim my boyfriend in front of everyone. If ate Elle hadn't reminded me why I had to stay, I would've walked out the moment I saw Tanya flirting with my boyfriend. 

"Bilib din ako kay Tanya," Ate Elle said as she plopped down on the couch. "Grabe na nga 'yung pangba-bash na narereceive niya sa mga fans ni Kuya Calem. Tapos, when she visited our rehearsal, ay nako, para lang siyang hangin kay Kuya Cale, pero go pa rin ang ate niyo!"

It was true; Calem ignored her the whole time she was there. 

"Never say die ang peg!" dagdag ni Pheobe na nag-eenjoy sa pagkain na inorder ni kuya One para sa amin.

It was in the middle of the night when Hera picked us up to hang out at the latter's house. Kahit nakahiga na ako ay walang pag-aalinlangan akong pumayag at agad na nagpalit. I just wore a pair of gray joggers and hoodie. 

"Nakakahiya kaya yung nagpapapansin ka pero iniignore ka lang ng guy na gusto mo, 'di ba, heart?" baling ni Hera kay kuya One. Both of them were seated on the floor.

"No comment," the latter responded.

Hera's turned to him with a creased forehead. "Nagagandahan ka ba dun sa Tanya na iyon?"

Kuya One's eyes widened. "Whoa! Saan galing iyon? Heart naman. No comment lang, gusto ko na agad si Tanya? Huwag naman tamang himala."

He hugged her tightly as Hera pursed her lips. 

Looking at them suddenly made me miss my man. As his schedule is pretty hectic, he rarely finds time to call me. Our last call was this morning. I sighed and took out my phone to message him. We only see each other lately during rehearsals, so I'm always excited when I know we have a rehearsal.

I miss you, Lovey.

After a few minutes of waiting for his reply, I put my phone down on the couch. When he's at work, he doesn't check his phone. Hence, he will probably get to read my message in his free time.

While they were having fun playing games on PlayStation, I went to the veranda and listened to the songs of The Magnetic. I was so into it that I was startled when someone suddenly hugged me from behind.

"Lovey!" 

He smiled and planted a kiss on my cheek. "I missed you, Lovey."

I turned to face him and then hugged him tightly. Isiniksik ko ang mukha sa dibdib niya. I indulged myself in his addictive scent. 

"Akala ko sa final rehearsal na tayo magkikita."

He leaned down and planted soft kisses on my cheek and lips. "It feels like forever since we last spent time together."

I made a sound as I enjoyed the kisses he was giving me. He only stayed for half an hour. Apparently, tumakas lang siya para makita ako.

"Initially, I didn't believe the rumor about Tanya and Calem. But after watching his interview, parang totoo eh."