Chapter Eleven ~ Party Prep

James Potter: Saturday 20th October 1975

(16:03pm)

"JAMES! JAMES! JAMES! Hes going to put on eyeliner!," yelled Remus, bursting into the room. James sat up as Remus collapsed onto his bed.

"What are you talking about?" asked James. Remus rolled his eyes.

"Right so for the Slytherin party tonight, Sirius has decided to let the girls do makeup for him," he said.

"Oh? What's wrong with that? Don't you want him to look nice?" asked James. Remus kissed his teeth.

"Not in front of all those other people I dont," he grumbled.

"Maybe this is a sign you should claim him already. I mean, it's so obvious he wants you to and-".

"obvious?! James you wouldn't know obvious if it threw a bludger in your face," Remus smirked. James's frowned though he was suppressing a grin.

"you don't throw them, you hit them. and besides, I have no idea what you mean," he said.

"so you don't notice Reg doing puppy eyes at you all the time?" asked Remus.

"Puppy eyes!?". James was almost 100% sure he was blushing.

"Yes Potter, puppy eyes. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find someone," said Remus.

"Someone?".

"Someone,". James raised an eyebrow.

"I'm going to find Pandora if you must know. We're going to get drinks,".

"Pandora? hasn't she got a boyfriend?" asked James. Remus laughed.

"Your point being? I'm not going to fuck her with a champagne bottle and pour it over her tits if that's what your implying Potter. I do have people I'm just friends with you know,". James laughed.

"No actually, I don't know,". Remus laughed too and left the dorm.

James sighed. He needed to find Sirius. But he didn't want to go to the girls dorm because he knew Lily would be there and the idea of seeing her scared him. Not seeing her exactly but what she might say. James wasn't sure if he wanted them to break up. He loved Lily and he'd told Regulus as such.

Regulus.

James wasn't sure what to make of their interaction earlier today. His determination to convince Reg he liked someone else more than Lily. And he'd let it slip that it was a guy. But then they'd never finished that train of conversation and Regulus had left and James didn't know what to do about it. He didn't know whether Regulus would have more questions.

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening caused him to turn and he cancelled the thoughts in his brain.

"James! do you like my makeup?" said Sirius, grinning. James grinned as well.

"Of course," he said. He patted the space beside him on his bed and his best friend sat down. James held Sirius' face between his fingers by his chin. There was glitter littering his cheeks faintly, black and sparkly silver eyeliner and a silvery-black metallic type eyeshadow.

"Well it's nice, obviously, but I thought you were going for gryffindor colours?" asked James, though inside he was buzzing. He could just imagine the way Remus' eyes would light up if he saw Sirius.

"No no no! I'm wearing my leather jacket," said Sirius, moving to go to his trunk.

"Leather jacket? isnt the common room a bit hot for that?".