Chapter Three ~ Confetti

(Image by @industrations on ig)

Regulus Black: Wednesday 3rd September 1975

They were sleeping in the same bed again. Regulus rolled his eyes but smiled. Barty nowadays, by default, clambered into Evans bed and Evan didn't seem to mind. It was 1 in the afternoon but Regulus felt tired. He'd been reading for hours, trying to understand his stupid herboloy essay. Not that he'd be the one doing it, it would be Lupin, but Regulus didnt hate him like he hated Sirius' other friends so he was doing a bit of background research.

Suddenly an owl flew in through the bedroom window. Regulus knew this owl and sighed. It was a black owl. Black in colour and black in relatives. It was the death owl.

Dear Regulus Arcturus Black,

Your father is unwell. Remain at Hogwarts until further instruction. Do not tell anyone.

Regulus scrunched up the letter and shoved it in his pocket. He couldn't care less. His father had been sick, angry and irritated all summer, using it as a excuse to use unforgivables on regulus any chance he could. Anything small. His parents were stressed. They didn't technically have another son to carry the Black Family legacy. As much as it hurt Regulus to remember, he was born a girl. No matter what he did to change that, he was born a girl. But he'd used spells to stop his hair growing too fast and he'd asked his parents last year to get breast removal surgery (surprisingly they said yes). and Sirius made sure to only call him Regulus Arcturus Black. Proudly announcing to the entirety of their family at the Black Family Dinner that Christmas, that Regulus was not to be called by his birth name. and rather, to be called regulus. his birth name however. The name which still occasionally haunted him.

Asteria Walpurga Black.

Regulus shook the thought out of his head as he changed into a black long, short-sleeved top and a pair of black jeans. he pulled on his converse's and headed out. he was going to the astronomy tower to read. it was still light out and he needed something to do since lessons didn't start until the following week.

"Reg,". Regulus turned to the sound of the voice, allowing his hand to fall from the door handle. it was Evan.

"what's wrong?". Evan tried to sit up slowly but Barty wrapped his arms tighter around his waist. Evan blushed and ran his fingers through Barty's hair.

"he's fine, he just... reg I really like him," Evan murmured. regulus smiled.

"I think he likes you too," he said, glancing at Barty who was also wearing a small smile. Evan blushed again.

"I don't think so reg," he said. "I don't think he's into... guys. and if he was-".

"Evan. stop. why wouldn't he be into you. you're beautiful I promise you. you're beautiful, sweet and well - look at you both!".

"quieten down!" Evan whisper-shouted, looking down at Barty. "Reg, I need your help on getting over him,".

"well sorry, I'm not gonna help you get over someone who's so clearly in love with you. Evan, see the signs," regulus said. Evan rolled his eyes.

"he's not," he grumbled.

"yeah, alright, prince. look at you two again and fucking lie to yourself," regulus said, laughing. Barty shifted, placing a light kiss on Evans collarbone before settling back to sleep. Evan and regulus exchanged a look and regulus raised an eyebrow. Evan rolled his eyes but he was blushing.