Chapter Two ~ Studying

(image by @mr_tellmeasecret on ig)

James Potter: Tuesday 2nd September 1975

James couldn't help but think about Regulus. about the soft, pale skin beneath his clothes. about his small waist. about his voice.

Fuck.

He knew it was wrong and he shouldn't think these things about...

A boy.

James Potter knew he didn't see boys that way. well. he didn't think he did anyway. he'd been starting to suspect it after a month of sleepless nights thinking about how to save Reg but he'd brushed it off as just wanting to help. the dreams... well he didn't know what to say about those. the dreams of regulus shirtless. regulus touching him. him touching regulus...

"James! James help!" came Peters voice from the stairs before Peter appeared into view. Sirius also appeared from the stairs though he was only in his boxers which was strange but the boy appeared unbothered.

"what's going on here?" James laughed.

"I walked in on Remus and Sirius... doing stuff!" spluttered Peter. He was panting from running down the stairs. James raised an eyebrow but he couldn't stop himself from laughing.

"Peter you didn't walk in on us doing anything except having a nap," grumbled Remus, trudging down the stairs in a dressing gown.

"but Sirius said-!".

"Napping at 10 in the night? And why were you napping like this?" James interrupted. Sirius smirked.

"got hot. with Remus in the bed, what else could you expect,".

Remus put his head in his hands and groaned. James laughed.

"See! James they were doing something!," Peter cried. Sirius patted Peter on the shoulder.

"it's alright Peter, we'll remember to shut the curtains next time," he said. at this, James burst into uncontrollable laughter.

"Sirius stop," said Remus, firmly. Sirius giggled. James and Peter watched as they whispered quietly to each other.

"I'm going to bed," James muttered, before ascending the same stairs up to the boys dorm room.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Breakfast the next morning was hilarious. with Peter glaring daggers at Remus and Sirius (Remus was spoon feeding Sirius his breakfast) and the girls absolutely oblivious to everything and confused about the small comments Sirius made to wind up Peter, James was constantly laughing.

Until he looked up and saw a familiar pair of eyes standing behind Sirius. and their eyes met. regulus raised an eyebrow at James before tapping his brothers shoulder. he didnt break eye contact. not for a second.

"what do you want?" Sirius asked, turning around to face reg. regulus finally looked down at Sirius. James couldn't stop himself from looking at him.

"to talk to you," said regulus. James caught Remus rolling his eyes.

"no that can't be all. I'm sure mother has sent you to tell me what a disgrace I am," Sirius snarled. regulus glared at him.

"actually no she hasn't. but I should tell you, you've been taken off the tree so if you know what's good for you, don't come back home,". the group fell silent as regulus turned and walked out of the great hall.