Night Time ( Miles pov )

For those who don't know, My name is Miles Morales and I am the Prowler of Brooklyn New York. Am I a hero? Nah, I steal and practically keep the city clean from the Cartels but I still do things my own way. Don't think of me as some good guy, because at times I am not; and don't even think of me as one of those superheroes with capes.

I attend Brooklyn Vision Academy and look forward to changeling myself mentally. My mom and Uncle Aaron have always had my back and they continue to support me, but things have been...difficult in the least with my dad...not being around anymore. 

His death is the reason why I even became the Prowler in the first place. It was the Cartels fault, their plans and ideas are what tore this city apart and made everyone SUFFER! They should be the ones to pay all these taxes and struggle with keeping a roof over their heads NOT US! But I just have to keep moving forward and protect my family. 

My mom doesn't know that I am the Prowler, and quite frankly, I do not know when or if I am going to tell her. But the good thing is I have my Uncle Aaron who also assists me on night patrols and practically anything  I need. He has always been there for me and I will always be there for him. But that is enough about me, right now I have to focus on the plan at hand.

MISSION: BREAKING INTO AN INVENTORY WAREHOUSE

I suit up into my outfit, purple mask, joggers, purple jacket and my upgraded Jordan 1's perfect for stealthy missions such as this. 

"Remember the plan? 8:30 is the window right?" Unc asks, as we climb the roof. " Yeah. Sandman should be guarding the cargo while the others host the party. We should be good for about 30 minutes max." " Good, we will be in and out. Mask on we got to get to work." I nod and do as told. We swing through each building, trying to no be spotted by any late walkers. The more concealed we are the better. 

We finally make it to the warehouse. As expected it is huge. Plenty of supplies to help the hospital. We land on the roof, watching henchman load crates and carry boxes. How can they even work for these people? it is so backward. Unc nudges my arm. " I will set a timer. We will split up from here. After we're done, give me the signal and I'll light a flare and toss it, pulling their attention. You got it?" I nod, already full aware of the plan. We dap each other up before we head our separate ways.

I quickly find an opening into the warehouse and slip inside, crouching behind crates and machines. " Be careful with this merchandise. If anything goes missing, you'll all pay!" Sandman threatens. I grab a sticky grenade from my belt and toss it onto a dozer. I go around doing this 5 more times before finding the crate with the medical supplies and money. 

TIME SKIPPED ( because I know you might not want to hear all this; you get the idea big mission huge fight scene ).

" Lets go!" Unc yells, leaping off the building and tossing me the end of the grappling hook. I throw flash bombs before grabbing the hook, attaching it and swinging over to the next building. We continue this routine, like we trained, until we reached the abandoned railroad tracks. We quickly duck inside and hide into a room that was used for surveillance.  We catch our breathes, as we wait out for what appears to be 20 minutes or so. I look over at my Unc who is covered in minor scratches and cuts. He laughs, " This never gets old does it?" I smile. " As old as you getting I bet you it is tio ( uncle )."

He grabs the bag and stands up. " Let's get you back home before your mom comes home from her night shift." I nod and we head home.

YOUR POV 

I just finished getting ready to go to the fundraising party, when my mom knocked at my door. " Mija, I know you are 17 but..... do you really think it is a good idea to go to this party? You know the police have been more... aggressive ever since the chief died. I just don't want you to get hurt. This city, this place is already crumbling." She leans against the doorway. I look over at her. I can tell by the way she's breathing and the bags under eyes that she's exhausted from having to work all time to, having to take care of me and find a way to give us sometime to be a family. I know it is hard for her, but I pray everyday that things get better, especially for her benefit.