Earth 42

Welcome to Earth 42! A place where Villans have taken over and there is no Spider-man. This world is chaotic and the only sign of hope we have is the Prowler and keeping our heads low from any sort of attention from the Villans.

My name is Y/N and I attend Brooklyn's Vision Academy, not that this place isn't for me I would have preferred to stay at my old school Brooklyn High. But of course, my mom thought it was best that I get the best education possible.

After a while I started to get acquainted with the new school. I have plenty of friends and even head captain of my favorite sports team Y/S. But things could be better at home. My mom is struggling with bills, and we might have to move soon. I hate moving. 

I push the thought aside as I put on my favorite pair of jeans, with a crop white crop top and put my hair into a half up half down hairstyle.  I grab my bookbag and sit down at the table for breakfast. " Oye mija, can we talk?" I turned to face my mother, who was looking over at me through the rim of her glasses, while looking over what look to be bills. "Yea ma, what up?"

She shakes her head and looks at me with sadness in her eyes. " I am sorry, but I have to pick up another night shift for the rest of the week in order for us to have a place to stay." This pains me. I hate seeing my mom struggle just to provide a roof over our heads. It's not fair. None of this would be happening had the Villans not run around taking extra taxes from businesses.

I push the thoughts from my mind and finish my breakfast. " It is okay ma, when I get a car, I will be able to help you out with bills." I say as I head out the door.

I run down the sidewalk, crossing streets and pushing past people just to make it to school on time. I fail.

" Ms. Y/L, late again i see." My English teacher Mrs. Lauren explains, while giving me a stern look. I give her a polite smile, hoping that she forgets about my tardiness. " Sorry, traffic gets pretty heavy around this time." I explain. She sighs and tells me to take my seat. 

Few minutes later, a student comes into class. " Class this is our new student Miles Morales, lets welcome him into this class." I look over at the new student. He seems tense and mysterious. Hés not smiling, in fact he's got this stern look on his face. But for some reason, that makes him look really cute. I slap myself. Hés new, how can I be crushing on him already. " Please sit beside Y/N. Y/N raise your hand." Ms. Laruen says. I awkwardly raise my hand and he comes over and takes the seat next to me. As the teacher continues to teach, I shift in my chair feeling awkward sitting beside him. Hés new and he doesn't seem to like this place very much.

I cant help but side eye him. He has braids and beautiful brown eyes that pull me into a trance as I can feel my heart skip a beat. He then turns his head and raises an eyebrow. " Can I help you?" He asks dryly. I cover my now blushing face and ask what his name was. He just shrugs and says that his name is Miles. Soon after the bell rings and he quickly walks out to head to his next class. I wanted to catch up to him to offer my assistance, but to bad.

The rest of the day went by smoothly, I seen Miles a couple of times and we even made eye contact. His eyes made my legs weak; I nearly fell while walking to my locker to meet up with my team mates to talk about practice today.

" Hey Y/N, what is going on? Are you okay, you seem off." Julie tells me, as I open my locker and rummage through my things. " There just this new kid and he's so mysterious and....I don't know he's just different. I do not know what to make of it". She laughs, " Got a crush?". I scold her, " The hell you say, I just met him today." "Well love happens in every way possible. Plus, you never, know he might like you back." She giggles. I roll my eyes and close my locker. " Let's go before we are late."