Kindness

Last night was hectic to say the least. I woke up feeling so defeated and just wanted to stay in bed, but ma told me to get ready and that she was taking me to school. I sighed and slugged all the way to the bathroom, washing my face and taking a quick shower. 

I didn't feel like putting anything on or even go out for that manner, but this wasn't my choice. " Are you done?" " No ma." " Well hurry up, your food done. You gotta come eat." She yells back. I finally settle on some blue joggers and skinny top

( Heres the inspo )

I go to eat breakfast, while the news is on in the background, talking about everything that happened last night, the curfew and a new business opening up by the aquarium

I go to eat breakfast, while the news is on in the background, talking about everything that happened last night, the curfew and a new business opening up by the aquarium. I roll my eyes as I pick through my cereal. " Okay tell me everything hmm? Que pasa ( what happened )? You have been quiet all night and right now. Dime ( tell me )." I huff, " Ma, you know what happened. I don't want to get into it please." I look into her eyes, hoping that she'll just drop it. She opens her hands. " Okay fine. But later." She gets up and grab her name tag. " Tu quieres ir con a me ( do you want to come with me )?" " No mama. Yo ire a la escuela ( i will go to school )." She kisses my head and leaves for work.

I walk into school feeling so sluggish and let down that I nearly bump into Michael while walking to my locker. " Wow there sleepyhead, I get that it was a long night but I know you didn't go blind." He smiles. I can't help but laugh. Michael is always trying to cheer us up. no matter what it is he always lightens the mood. " Nah, I'm just bumbed about last night." He leans against the lockers and fiddles with his necklace in his hands. " yeah I know. But we will figure something out. We always do." He winks at me and I blush. " Y/N!" I look down the hallway to see Julie running towards me, Jayden not to far behind. 

We hug for what feels like an eternity before we let go." Are you okay?" I ask She nods, " what about you?" I nod to. I tell them everything that happened. Everything. From the moment we started running, up until now. The gasped and stared at me with goofy grins on their faces.

" What is it?" I ask confused. " well you went to his house." Julie beams. " Not to mention you met his mom." Michael winks. " And yall hugged." jayden adds." " Omg yall are so delusional." I open my locker as they continue to bombard me with all sorts of questions. How was it? What did his place look like? What did his room look like? How was his mom? Everything. I shut my locker and faced them. " No comment." I walk away smiling as they chase me down the hallway like a news crew demanding answers. 

Lunch finally comes around and I spot Miles sitting over by the window reading and writing notes from a pre-cal book. I tell my friends that I will be back and approach his table with caution. " You don't have to sit there by yourself. You are always welcome at our table." I smile.

He looks up. " I don't want to interrupt anything." A lie. I sit next to him and appear over his shoulder before he looks back down at his paper and continues writing. " You must be hella smart to be taking Pre-cal." He snorts. " Pre-cal is hard but that is the reason why I am taking it."

I stare at him as he continues working. Watching the way he writes and how his shoulders move up and down, breathing slowly. He turns towards me. " You okay? Last night was.." He tries to find the right words but remains quiet after that. I nod. " Thanks to you, Not gonna lie I feel better then I did before attending that party." He stares at me." Last night, I am truly sorry about what happened to yalls money." I shake my head. " it wasn't our money. it was theirs. But thanks." " Here." He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a $20. " It isn't much, but it's a start." 

U blush and take the money. I cannot believe it. Miles being so nice, is a whole nother person. I wrap my arms around him and squeeze him tight. He jumps a bit, not expecting me to hug him. " Thank you, thank you Miles." He wraps his arms around me and buries his face into the crook of my neck. " Anything for you."