The day after

I woke up in Mile's room, with his jacket thrown over me. I tried to sit up , but my legs felt so sore. I remember the events that happened last night. The dinner, Miles, having sex! I was pulled away from my thoughts, from the footsteps of Miles coming into the room. " Hey." He smiles. I smile back, " Morning." I yawned, as he hands me a cup of water. He sits down Infront of me. " What the matter? Que pasa? ( what happened? )" He shakes his head. " Nun just.." His voice trails off as a knock on the window startles us. It's Miles.

" Can I come in, or is this a bad time?" He asks. Miles gives him a stern look, before going over and opening the window. Being in the same room with these two always felt... odd to me. They are the same person yet still different. My Miles keeps to himself and is more serious and intimidating, whereas the other Miles is more of an extrovert and tends to crack jokes more often. 

" Do we have a plan?" Miles asks, taking a step back from my boyfriend. I shrug, " I don't know." " We meet with my Uncle Aaron today. " Miles says, not looking away from his other self. I groan. I just woke up and the last thing I want to do is have so much information crammed into my head before getting myself woke completely up and taking a shower.

" Y/N, my Unc will take us to school afterwards. " I nod and they leave the room, allowing me to slip on my outfit from last night and steal one of Mile's jackets.

Outside is freezing cold, and my legs feel like they would give out in any moment. " Y/N you okay?" Miles ask, raising an eyebrow. " Yea I'm good. Why you ask?" He shrugs, " You seem different today. You're walking different." Miles laughs and my face turns red hot. This is not the time for any of this.

We make it to Aaron's place. He tells us small details about the party and who would be invited. " We need a huge distraction before entering, this will hopefully have them relocate the casualties down to the basement, allowing us to deal with them. " Miles stares at Uncle Aaron. I know he is still probably taking back by the fact that his Uncle his standing right in front of him, but it's not his Uncle. I squeeze his shoulder and he looks deep into my eyes. He's so full of hurt and worry, not to mention he looks like he hasn't slept in days.

" Y/N, we will need you to be inside. " Aaron says, facing me. " What? Me? Why?" " We need a signal, not to mention they wouldn't be expecting you to be working with either of us." " We don't know what they'll expect." My boyfriend says, looking over the map of the building. " How about, me and Y/N go in together and you and-" he looks over at Miles, " Him go together." Both Miles and I stand shocked. What?!

" Wow, why?" We both ask. " Well, if me and Y/N go together no one would suspect us and Unc can work with him to get whatever pieces are needed for your device, get the money and take a couple villains out. Not to mention, we need someone on the inside and I don't want you going in alone. " Concerned filled his voice as he explains everything and my heart melts. I ache for us to be alone again, to touch again.

I shake my head and push those thoughts aside. This isn't about us right now, it's about taking down some of the villains and getting Miles back to his dimension.

After going over the plan and making sure that everyone is onboard, Miles and I head to school. We ride in the car, an awkward silence filling in the space. " So," Aaron starts off, " how's everything going, with school and all? Not to mention, how are you taking things?" he asks staring directly at me in the reviewer mirror. " Good I guess. I mean it's cool finding out the truth, but I just don't want anything to happen to my friends and my ma." " Don't worry, nothing will happen. I will make sure of that, I promise." he reassures me. I nod and look back out the window

Mile's hand touches mine, making me shiver. I look over at him and for the first time, he looks uneasy. Is it because he didn't talk about last night? His mom taking up more and more hours? What Uncle Aaron said? The plan? he opens his mouth to speak but his Uncle announces that we're here and we get out the car.

he walks me to my locker. " I don't think you should be apart of the plan anymore. Honestly it was stupid of me to even put you in that position. You could loose everything." " What? No, I am doing this. I've been in many dangerous situations." " Does all of them include being undercover while in a room filled with the most notorious villains?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. " No, but still, I can do this. It's like you said, they won't be expecting a thing." " No. Te amo mucha ( I love you a lot ), No puedo. I can't." " Miles, please let me do this." He looks deep into my eyes. " It is not just you that I'm worried about. i don't trust this kid with you or my Unc, but I didn't have a choice. My Unc said to leave him with your friend. I don't trust him. " " Then why don't you get to know him. Ya'll have so much in common. And like he said, even though he didn't loose his dad, he still lost someone that he looked up to and that he really cared for. Not to mention he had to watch him die and be blamed for his death." I sigh and close my locker. " Hang out with him today, you might actually like him." I kiss his cheek before walking off to class, praying that things go well.

MILES P.O.V

After school, I met with Miles on the roof. He was sitting on a web that he did himself and carefully looked at the mural I painted of my dad. I feel awkward and annoyed, but Y/N, I should at least get to know him and make ends meet so that we can get him back to where he belongs, but more importantly defeat these villains. " Did you paint this yourself?" He asks, looking over at me. " No, Unc helped me." His eyes get sad at the mention of my Uncle Aaron. " What's he like for you? Is he okay? Does he still like to go to abandoned places to throw up art? Whats it like being the Prowler?" He stops to catch a breathe. " Sorry, I ain't mean to. it's just, seeing him just brings back so much." I roll my eyes. " He's good. In a lot of pain from doing night patrols and stuff but he's good. yea, he shows me all around old places that people used to go to and we would paint or use spray to make portraits of the people around the neighborhood. " He lowers himself to the ground and sits in front of me, like a child listening to a story. " Why did you not want me to go back home?" He asks. 

I sigh. " I don't- it's just that, when you told me that your dad was still alive, I just couldn't help myself. I mean, his death and my family struggling for so long made me into the person I am today. Not that it's always a bad thing, but loosing my dad was like loosing apart of myself. he was always good and kind to others and always gave the people a voice. When he died, the villains took over in a flash. it's like nobody had hope anymore. That's when I found out that Unc as working as the Prowler and I wanted in on it. Mainly to give back to my community, but to hopefully one day take them down. I've come very close, but, they would always go for the people who live here. They would make their lives more hard, take away their money. it's a lot. That's why we still." I lean against a railing, " that's why when Y/N told me about me becoming the hero and it being transported to you, I felt nothing but hatred. My people wouldn't have to suffer and my dad would still be alive. This city would be at peace."

There is a long silence, before he sits down besides me. " I know, I was never meant to be a spider-man, but it's not always fun and entertaining. I can barely have a life anymore. i am only a teen and here I am suppose to be the hero protecting and helping any and everybody. that's a hard job. Keeping everyone safe, making sure my grades look good in school and making sure my parents don't know. lately I have been letting them down. I have had to face villains on top of villains and criminals while trying to just figure everything out as I go along. I'm not saying that my life is rougher than yours but," He sighs and hangs his head, " being the hero isn't always as it seems. I have made so many sacrifices and faced many disappointing looks from my parents. The last time I was them we argued. I couldn't make it in time for my dad being awarded head chief and we just argued. I wanted to tell them so bad, but if I do their lives could be at stake. I hate keeping this secret from them and having to worry about what or who is going to come after me next."

I sigh. " Damn, guess being a hero makes you wish you weren't, huh?" " It does, but if I don't who is going to watch out for those people and my family? It was never my intention to leave your dimension in this state. But the true fact is, I think you make an even better hero than me and I have powers." " Maybe when you get back home try not to be the hero so much. At times the city will need you yes, but we have heroes around everyday. Help the city, but don't help it to much to the point where you can't even help yourself. " He looks over at me and smiles.

" Thanks. Now tell me bout these sound proof shoes, did you make them yourself? They fire!"