Chapter Three

EXT. PISTONVILLE - DAY

As the trio of cars, Lightning, Sally, and Mater, continue through Pistonville, their journey takes an unexpected turn. Suddenly, a massive truck intentionally blocks their path. It looms menacingly, dwarfing even Miss Fritter from Thunder Hollow, who was the formidable bus from Cars 3.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (whispering nervously) Well, that's a big truck.

SALLY (glancing at the truck) Bigger than anything we've seen before.

MATER (whispering) I reckon this fella means business.

The trio exchanges nervous glances as the truck's engine roars, creating an intimidating atmosphere.

TRUCK DRIVER (roaring) Well, well, well, what do we have here?

The truck's voice reverberates, adding to the tension.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (trying to sound confident) Uh, hey there! We're just passing through. No trouble.

The truck remains silent, its grille showing no sign of hospitality.

SALLY (whispering) Any ideas, Monty?

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (uncertain) Let me handle this.

Lightning approaches the truck cautiously.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (faking confidence) Hey, big fella! We're just tourists, you know, enjoying the sights of Pistonville.

The truck revs his engine, creating an imposing aura.

TRUCK (gruffly) Tourists, huh? Well, around here, we got rules. You gotta pay the toll to pass through.

MATER (whispering to Lightning) Toll? What kind of toll?

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (skeptical) I've got a bad feeling about this.

SALLY (nudging Lightning) Stay calm, Monty. We'll figure this out.

As the tension rises, the trio faces an unexpected obstacle in their road trip through Pistonville. The massive truck, blocking their path, gruffly declares that the toll for passing through is saying hi to an old friend. Lightning, Sally, and Mater exchange puzzled glances, trying to make sense of the unusual request.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (confused) Say hi to an old friend? What kind of toll is that?

The truck remains silent for a moment, and then Lightning takes a closer look. To his disbelief, he recognizes the truck.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (stunned) No way... Steve?

The truck's gruff demeanor melts away, revealing a familiar face. It's Steve, the transport truck from the racing academy who trained in getting racers from one place to another.

STEVE (laughing) Well, if it ain't Monty McQueen! Long time no see, buddy!

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (smiling) Steve! What in the world are you doing here?

STEVE (grinning) Just on my usual route, hauling some goods and catching up with old pals. Figured I'd have a little fun with you.

MATER (laughing) Well, you sure got us good, Steve!

SALLY (smiling) It's good to see a friendly face, especially one with such a unique toll.

STEVE (chuckling) Gotta keep things interesting on the road, you know?

The tension lifts as the friends share laughs and catch up with Steve, who turns out to be an unexpected but welcome part of their journey through Pistonville. As Lightning McQueen and Steve continue down the road, they catch up on old times. Lightning shares tales of his adventures, including the events of the other three movies. He recounts Mater's stint as a super-spy, saving Lightning from a bomb during the World Grand Prix in England.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (laughing) Yeah, Mater became a super-spy and saved the day. Can you believe it?

STEVE (raising an eyebrow) A super-spy, huh? That's quite the plot twist.

MATER (grinning) You betcha! Had gadgets and everything.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (nudging Mater) And he even met actual spies! Remember the sleek, purple female spy car he's dating now?

Mater beams with pride, and Steve glances at him through the rearview mirror, surprised.

STEVE (smirking) Well, well, Mater. You sly dog. A spy girlfriend, huh?

MATER (grinning) Yep! She's somethin' else.

Steve laughs heartily, enjoying the stories of the small-town cars' big adventures.

STEVE (laughing) You Radiator Springs folks sure know how to make life interesting. Never a dull moment.

As they continue down the road, the friends share more stories, relishing the camaraderie that comes with the twists and turns of life on the open road. 

EXT. GAS STATION - NIGHT

The four friends, Lightning McQueen, Sally, Mater, and Steve, roll into a quaint gas station as night falls. Sally and Mater are already filled up, chatting by the pumps. Lightning, having filled up as well, takes the opportunity to catch up with his old friend, Steve.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (smiling) Man, it's great seeing you again, Steve.

STEVE (nodding) Likewise, Monty. So, what brings you all the way out here?

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (looking at Sally, who's chatting with Mater) Well, I've been doing some thinking. About proposing.

Steve raises an eyebrow, intrigued.

STEVE (provokingly) Proposing, huh? Who's the lucky car?

Lightning glances over at Sally, a fond smile on his face.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (smiling) Sally. She's been my rock, my biggest supporter. I can't imagine my life without her.

STEVE (chuckling) Well, that's some big news, Monty. Are you nervous?

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (nervously) Yeah, a bit. But I've got a good feeling about it.

Steve gives Lightning an encouraging nod.

STEVE You got this, buddy. Just be yourself.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (whispering) Thanks, Steve. I appreciate that.

As Sally and Mater join them, unaware of their conversation, Lightning gives Steve a subtle nod, silently thanking him for the support.

BTW, I named Steve after another McQueen, but he was in real life. You got it! Steve McQueen.