Chapter Fifteen

EXT. RADIATOR SPRINGS - DAY

Steve's trailer rolls into Radiator Springs, and as the door opens, Lightning and Sally emerge, hand in wheel, showcasing Sally's new "Cozy Cone" ring. The town's residents, Sheriff, Ramone, Flo, Mack, Fillmore, Sarge, and the silently expressive Red, are there to greet them.

SHERIFF (smiling) Welcome back, you two!

RAMONE (raising an eyebrow) Did you bring some new paint jobs for us?

FLO (teasing) Or maybe some souvenirs from your adventures?

Lightning and Sally share a knowing look, and Lightning gestures toward Sally's "Cozy Cone" ring.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (smiling) How about a souvenir that lasts a lifetime?

SALLY (showing the ring) We're engaged!

The town erupts in cheers, and even Lizzie, who just woke up, adds her own joyful honk. The once-sleepy town of Radiator Springs is now alive with excitement and celebration.

MATER (from the crowd) I told y'all the road trip would help!

EXT. PISTONVILLE - DAY

Two months after Lightning and Sally's wedding, the newlyweds, accompanied by Steve, decide to embark on another road trip, retracing the memorable journey that shaped Lightning into the racer he is today. As they arrive in Pistonville, the town where Lightning's racing journey began, the cheers and applause of the crowd welcome them.

CITIZENS OF PISTONVILLE (cheering) Lightning McQueen! Lightning McQueen!

The couple smiles, basking in the warmth of the familiar greeting. Steve, ever the supportive friend, honks his horn in celebration.

STEVE (cheerfully) Looks like you're still the town's living icon, McQueen!

They continue their journey, and soon they find themselves at the academy in Emeryville. The students, buzzing with excitement, surround Lightning and Sally. Familiar faces from Lightning's racing career, including Jeff and Lewis, gather to greet him.

RACERS (excited) McQueen's back! McQueen's back!

Lightning is pleasantly surprised to see so many familiar faces, and the nostalgia of his racing days fills the air. As they navigate through the crowd, Lightning spots Dean Hargreaves, who, despite her stern voice, reveals a soft side.

DEAN HARGREAVES (teary-eyed) You were always like a son to me, McQueen.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (sincerely) Thank you for everything, Dean. You played a big part in making me who I am.

STEVE (joins the group) Hey there, Dean! Long time no see!

Dean Hargreaves, surprised by Steve's presence, shares a warm smile.

DEAN HARGREAVES (pleasantly surprised) Steve, you old lug! It's good to see you too.

The group, a blend of past and present, stands together, reminiscing about the journey that brought them to this moment.

EXT. TREADSHIRE - DAY

As the trio arrives in Treadshire, the town proudly displays its appreciation for Lightning McQueen. Banners with his iconic 95 and merchandise featuring his likeness adorn the streets. Steve, ever the enthusiastic fan, proudly wears McQueen's merchandise all over his massive frame.

STEVE (honking proudly) McQueen's the man! McQueen's the man!

The citizens of Treadshire, recognizing the legendary racer, gather around the trio with excitement.