ChapterTwo

The trio of cars, Lightning, Mater, and Sally, roll into Pistonville, a city with a rich racing history. As they enter, they notice a welcoming road sign that proudly declares Pistonville as the birthplace of the Piston Cup.

MATER (excitedly) Well, would you look at that! This is where the Piston Cup started! Can you believe it, Lightning?

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (smiling) Yeah, Mater. It's pretty cool to be in the birthplace of the Piston Cup.

SALLY (observing her side of the road sign) And who's this on the sign? Another red car?

Lightning glances at the faded sign, his expression momentarily turning awkward.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (trying to deflect) Oh, that? It's probably just an old logo. Nothing important.

SALLY (teasingly) Come on, Lightning. You can't hide things from me. Did you have something to do with that car on the sign?

Lightning hesitates, then chuckles nervously.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN Well, uh, maybe a long time ago. It's not a big deal, really.

SALLY (smiling) You're full of surprises, aren't you?

Before Lightning can respond, Mater interjects.

MATER (trying to change the subject) Hey, y'all! Look over there! The Piston Cup Museum!

The group heads towards the museum, leaving the mysterious faded sign behind. As they approach, the museum looms large, showcasing the history of the Piston Cup and the evolution of racing in Pistonville.

INT. PISTON CUP MUSEUM - DAY

The trio explores the museum, marveling at the exhibits and reliving the glory days of racing. Lightning is drawn to a section dedicated to the early years of the Piston Cup.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (pointing) Hey, check this out. This is where it all began.

SALLY (impressed) It's incredible how far racing has come since then.

As they continue through the museum, Mater can't contain his excitement.

MATER (grinning) This place is amazing! I feel like I'm walkin' through history!

Sally, with a mischievous glint in her headlights, urges Lightning to explain the significance of the name Montgomery McQueen after reading a sign that declared Pistonville as the "Home of Monty McQueen."

SALLY (teasingly) So, Monty McQueen, care to share the story behind that name?

Lightning hesitates, then takes a deep breath.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (reluctantly) Montgomery McQueen is my real name.

SALLY (smiling) Montgomery? That's a surprise.

Mater, who had been eavesdropping, gasps dramatically.

MATER (shocked) Montgomery? I thought you were Lightning McQueen!

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (chuckling) Well, Mater, Lightning is just a stage name, I guess.

Mater, being a loyal friend, jumps to conclusions.

MATER (panicking) Wait, there's a weird red car named Monty who took the Lightning McQueen persona?! Where's my best friend, Lightning?

SALLY (laughing) Mater, calm down. Monty McQueen is Lightning's real name.

Mater, now feeling awkward, steps back but then bursts into laughter.

MATER (laughing) Hey, everybody! It's Monty McQueen here! Hahaha!

The racing fans in the museum turn their attention to Lightning.

FAN #1 (excitedly) Monty McQueen? You're a legend!

FAN #2 (holding out paper) Can you sign my autograph, Monty?

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (blushing) Uh, sure, why not?

Lightning agrees to sign autographs with his tires. The fans eagerly present their papers, and Lightning puts a tiny tire tread on each one.

FAN #3 (excitedly) You're the living icon of this town!

SALLY (smiling) Well, looks like you're more of a celebrity here than anywhere else, Monty.

Lightning blushes even more red than his natural color as Sally reassures him. The fans leave, gleefully showing off their autographs.

The trio of cars, now with Lightning being affectionately referred to as Monty, leaves the Piston Cup Museum. Lightning's mind is racing with thoughts about proposing to Sally, wondering what her response will be.

SALLY (noticing Lightning's distraction) Anything alright up there, Monty?

She grins playfully, trying to bring Lightning back to the present. Lightning, caught in his thoughts, gives a sarcastic laugh.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (sarcastically) Oh, everything's just peachy.

SALLY (chuckling) You seem a million miles away.

MATER (teasingly) Maybe he's thinkin' about asking someone a big question.

Lightning shoots Mater a look, realizing that his thoughts are no longer a secret.

SALLY (raising an eyebrow) Big question, huh?

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (nervously) Well, you know... not a big deal.

SALLY (teasing) Oh, come on, Monty. Spit it out.

MATER (grinning) Yeah, tell her, Monty.

They all share a laugh, but Lightning, feeling the pressure, rolls his eyes.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN (sarcastically) Real mature, guys.

They continue their journey through Pistonville, the playful banter lightening the mood. Little do they know, this road trip is about to take an unexpected turn.