viii. look out for the wolves

CHAPTER EIGHT " nowhere to be "

CHAPTER EIGHT
" nowhere to be "

Paul laughed as he got out of his car, Sam and Jared also shared a laugh and they all walked to the Lahote house

Paul laughed as he got out of his car, Sam and Jared also shared a laugh and they all walked to the Lahote house. They had just ended their patrol and Paul suggested they could go to his house, as it was empty.

Paul had shifted few weeks ago and he was starting to get the hang of it. Sam had told him that even though he had a bit of anger issues ( more than the usual in wolves ) he would learn to control his anger.

The only thing Paul regretted about his new life was he had to forget his old life, he had to forget Beatriz. Even after the legends the pack wasn't sure she was one of them, they could never be sure about it.

Paul just wanted to call her and ask Bea to come back. He wanted to cry and ask for forgiveness, because he knew Bea would be hurt. He had ignored her for weeks, without a word from him. Sam had called her, because Paul feared the girl could just come to his house. Sam told the same lie everyone had told, mono.

Paul knew Beatriz wouldn't believe it, it was too dumb of an excuse and Bea was too smart for her own good. At some point she would discover everything, or at least he wanted to think so. Because Paul wanted to have her back, he wanted to hug her at least one last time.

There was also Paul's little side hustle, the second Sam had found out about it, he had forced him to throw it all out. The only reason why he had tried to fight it was Beatriz, the drugs wouldn't even affect him anymore, but he knew how she was so addicted to them. Maybe it had been his fault she was addicted to the little pills, but he didn't know how to help her anymore. Even if it had been bad, it was the only way she could forget everything that had happened to her.

Emily was out of town so she couldn't cook anything for them, Paul had a ton of food and he wanted to go home after the patrol, so they all came with him.

The newest wolf opened the door and they all got in, in a span of seconds they were all opening the food containers of the fridge and eating them. It was strange to Paul who had been alone most of his life and being an only child, now he had so called brothers for life. It felt kind of warm, but he wasn't going to say that to anyone.