i. do you think you'll kill for me one day?

CHAPTER ONE" Welcome home "

CHAPTER ONE
" Welcome home "

As a child, Beatriz loved to watch TV

As a child, Beatriz loved to watch TV. Yes, every child at that age liked to watch TV, but Beatriz took liking in one specific show.

It was about a cat and a mouse. The cat always tried doing everything in its power to eat the mouse. In every episode there was a different way the cat tried to catch the mouse, but in every episode the mouse got away and the cat ended up frustrated.

In her own sinister way, Beatriz waited for the mouse to be catch. She waited for that moment that the mouse would get tired of the playing and just let itself get eaten. She never said that to her family, of course not, even at six years old she knew it was not something normal.

She sat every day waiting for the mouse to be taken by the cat, she hurried the cat on the other side of the screen. 'Take it! Run faster!' Always the adrenaline running through her veins, waiting for it to be captured.

With time she forgot about the show, but her instinct as a hunter never left her body. Always looking around her, always searching for something to make her explote.

Barnes, Barnes, Barnes.

Beatriz dragged her body closer to the fire. Her legs had stopped working long before, the stabbing in her thigh stopping her from walking. Her legs were full of scratches and wounds, there were so many she couldn't even count. Her mind was busy doing something else.

She tried to work with her arms, see if her elbows were strong enough to drag herself through the pain. The fire was the only thing keeping her alive, coldness surrounded her.

Her teeth gritted against each other, a silent sound coming from them. Beatriz tried to silence her teeth, tried to push them together, but it didn't work. She was trying to be as quiet as possible, her teeth and the fire cracking were the only sound around her.

Her jacket was broken, a blade had been thrown between her arm when she was running, thankfully it only hit the big jacket and not her. Now, it didn't help to keep the warmth in her, it escaped through the hole. Beatriz felt her boots break when she ran, the sole of one of the shoes now lost in the middle of the snow.

Beatriz couldn't say if the blood on her hand was her on someone else's. There was so much blood. It could also be of the animals she had hunted to stay alive. A bunny, probably.

Beatriz looked again at the gun beside her, checking it was still there. No one had taken it. She had a gun, the only one in the whole forest.

Suddenly everything before this felt surreal, how could she possibly had started crying about her math exam? How could have she given it so much value in her life she had to cry about it? Now, the only thing she would use the paper for it was the fire.

Beatriz took the blade hidden inside her boot and take it to her shirt, she then stabbed the shirt and pulled breaking it. Now she had a strip of fabric, she tied it around her thigh where the stab wound was. She hissed with pain but didn't stop, this would probably stop the bleeding and she wouldn't have to cut her leg off.

Beatriz's body jumped with fear, running. Someone was running toward her. "Fuck." She whispered and tried to get up, but she couldn't.

She tried and tried, she sound of the steps on the snow every second more close to her. She even considered just cutting her leg off and trying to run away with one leg. But she couldn't, she now knew it when she saw the figure close to her. Tears ran from her eyes into her cheeks, she couldn't stop the sound of her own sobbing. She tried to shut herself up, but she couldn't.

In few seconds she had already owned her future. In mere second her head would be cut off. She just cried even more.

She looked at the stars, her vision still blurry. "Please, please, please. Let me get out!" She screamed, Beatriz didn't care the other would find out her location.

It was good even, the others would know where her killer would be and kill him off. She didn't know exactly how many there were left, but she knew it was it even close to the end.

"Please!" She screamed once again. Her voice raw, she hadn't said a word in weeks, this was her first and last time. Her throat ached, it burned.

"Bea!"

Her sobbing increased now that she knew who her killed would be. Her own brother would kill her. She didn't know how her life had changed so much, she truly didn't.

In this clearing, Beatriz Barnes would die. And no one could stop her fate. She knew she wouldn't survive it, but she never hoped it would be her brother killing her.

She looked straight to his eyes, he had stopped few feet behind her. His eyes were full of pity, he looked how her face was full of tears, her body full of wounds.

Beatriz smiled, under everything, she smiled. "Do it."

"