Chapter 28: Cure-All

"Yeah, dis guy I'm pretty sure is your brother wanted me to hack into the Union HQ, but only a big screen." Intisar explained. "He called in a few weeks ago, and our appointment for payment is today."

Tevor had called up Yuuhime and Xuan to come to Larkspur Detective Agency for a clue for Yamato's whereabouts.

"That was Yamato," Tevor said, "I'm sure of it."

"Why did you agree in the first place?" Xuan asked.

"The guy offered 500k, I couldn't turn that down." Intisar explained. "I called Yuuhime about it and she told me to charge him one million!"

"He can afford it!" Yuuhime huffed. "Intisar deserved it."

"I'll try to get information out of Yamato, too," Tevor said, "thanks to Yuuhime's smart move!"

"Oh, yes, I'm very smart." Yuuhime said proudly, knowing she just wanted to see Yamato lose all his money.

***

A few weeks ago

Yamato tapped his fingers, watching the quiet but tense Espers on the other side of the screen. He chuckled, their faces giving him a kick.

"Well, what do you say?" He purred.

His communicator sounded off, it's annoying ringing causing him to pause.

"...one moment." He stood up and left the room.

"Hey, Mr. Yamato?" Intisar's voice asked from the device.

"What is it?"

"Ya see, this job was really hard. Getting into the data base was a nightmare, and letting you stay in there for a prolonged time is getting a bit tedious."

"Well?"

"Well, I want double the amount of payment."

"What?!"

"Yep. One million, and not a penny less."

"That's ridiculous. We already agreed to the 500k!"

"Sorry, but I'll shut you off right now if you don't pay."

Yamato was silent for a long time. He could always agree and then just run away, but then he'd have another target on his back, which was the last thing he wanted.

"Fine, fine. I agree."

"Aaaaalright, I'll get you a day to pay up and we'll be on our way."

Yamato hung up and sighed deeply. Returning the the screen, he saw Raven standing tall and confidently.

"We agree to your request." She said boldly. Yamato smirked and clasped his hands.

"Perfect. Be on 25 road by 11 pm on the 15."

"I have a request for you." Raven said quickly. Yamato leaned forward, eyebrows raised.

"After this, never set foot in Gyrate again."

"Understood~"

"One last question, though," She said, "what's the reason for all this?"

"I shan't have a reason for family." He replied cooly.

"..." Raven stared darkly at him.

"No response, good. Goodbye, now, I do hope I won't see you tomorrow." And with that, Yamato was gone.

"What was that?" Yue asked angrily, marching in and holding files, Nuxi close behind.

"Heng Yue, Feng Nuxi?" Gaius got up. "How long were you here?"