Chapter 2: Missing

Yamato had called on Yuuhime for another one of his "jobs." How she hated the red that spilt from the wounds on the poor man that lay before her.

She turned and left the scene. Yamato claimed he'd take care of the body after she'd left.

As she walked to a cafe, she felt her phone sound off. She sat down and ordered a cookie and a drink before she checked it.

'It's Mr. Li Ling from a few nights ago...' Yuuhime noted. What could he be contacting her for?

She opened the contact and read the message, getting slightly confused.

'This is Li Ling, if you remember, Miss Yuuhime. I was wondering if you know where Tang Xuan is?'

Why would she know?...

...was he ok?

'I'm sorry, but I don't know where he is. I haven't seen him since movie night.'

She paused a moment before adding, 'Why, what happened?'

She got her order before Li replied again.

'He's missing. If you know literally anything, please let me know.'

Yuuhime almost dropped her cookie. Missing?

'Ok, I'll keep a lookout'

'Thank you so much.'

How could he be missing? What happened? Her heartbeat rose and fell quickly. She hoped she didn't look too panicked.

She saw Yamato coming. If he knew she was upset, he'd start asking questions. She composed herself and nibbled at her cookie.

"Hello, Yuu!" Yamato smiled as he sat next to his sister, "Great job getting rid of that traitor."

Oh, how she hated his face. She used to be so happy around him; he'd make her feel so joyful and special. But now...

He changed. Why did he change so much? He and her were in the same situation before. Why wasn't his reaction to run away and be free of the Crows, or the new name he chose, The Midnight Order, like her's was?

"...thank you." Was all she could say.

"I won't be ordering anything, so once you finish, we can go back home." Yamato chirped.

Yuuhime quickly finished. She wanted some time alone to try and find anything regarding Xuan's disappearance.

***

As soon as she got back to her house, she slinked into her room before Yamato noticed.

'Who would be appropriate to start asking?' She wondered to herself.

The only Union number she had Xuan's number, and she doubted calling the public Esper Union hotline would do her any good. She couldn't ask Li because she assumed he knew as much as she did.

She looked through her contacts and noticed a contact she hadn't even touched yet.

'Mr. Tang Yun...'

She had that number when the Crows and the Shadow Decree were in cahoots with one other. She didn't even know why she got it; it was useless to her then.

'But...' She opened the contact and started to type. Tang Yun was Xuan's brother, and he might know where Xuan was.

'This is Yuuhime, from the cruise a few weeks ago. I have a question for you.'

'If it's about my brother, I already know he's missing. No, I did not abduct him. No, I have no idea where he could be.'

Yuuhime blinked a little, realizing it was odd for Yun to know that Xuan was missing. Weren't they on opposite sides, or something like that?