Chapter 9: Hello Monkey King

10:15; 27 of October

Li Guang, Intisar, and Yuuhime were watching the newest episodes of The Sunflower Warrior, eating the flavored popcorn from the movie theater nearby.

"I can't believe they actually betrayed him," Li Guang gasped.

"I can," Intisar retorted, "The clues were there, you just had to look."

Yuuhime agreed with this, even if the betrayal hurt her poor soul.

"Oh, yeah, Yuuhime!" Li Guang scooted closer to her, "I'm gonna go hang out with Tang Xuan after this, so I'm gonna need you to text him in about...2 and a half hours?"

"And why is that?" She cocked her head at her friend.

"Hehe, I wanna see his reaction. Pretty please?" Li Guang pressed her hands together with a look of desperation on her face.

Yuuhime acted like she was considering it. Of course she would go along with Li Guang's shenanigans, but she liked to mess with her as well.

"Alright, I'll remember," She said. Li Guang made a small yiss! sound, pumping her arms.

"Ok, ok, stop talking about Yuuhime's boyfriend and let's get on with this last episode!" Intisar interjected.

***

12:10; 27 of October

"Alright, Mr. Poster boy!" Li Guang said to herself as she pulled up to the cafe she decided to interview Xuan at, "You better be on your a-game today, because if you're even going to hold hands with Yuuhime, you have to get my approval!"

Of course, she didn't really mean that. She would like for Yuuhime to date someone she also liked, but if she really liked Xuan, there was no place for Li Guang to stop her. It was just that so many Union members had an ego the size of the planet and then some.

Walking in, she saw that Xuan was there, awkwardly waiting for her in a hoodie, a baseball hat, and sunglasses.

"Tan-"

"Sh! Let's go over to the corner," Xuan sighed as he led her to the corner.

"Eh? What's wrong?"

"There just so happens to be a reporter here today," he explained, "just my luck...but anyways, you wanted to talk?"

"Mhm," She nodded, peering over the menu, "I wanna get to know you since you and Yuuhime seem to be close."

Xuan's face went as red as his hair, "We're just friends."

"Must be good friends," Li Guang already thought this was going to be good.

"Y-yeah, haha." Xuan also looked over the menu. She smiled mischievously as she waited for Yuuhime to message Xuan.

"Oh, I'm sorry, someone just messaged me," Xuan said as he pulled out his phone. Yes...YES...MWAHAHAHA...

"...are you ok?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Yessss..." She responded.

He hated to admit it, since Yuuhime often referred to Li Guang as her "bff," but Li Guang was a very strange girl.

He looked at the message, which was from Yuuhime, and it simply said, 'I was asked to text you.'

He cocked his head, then narrowed his eyes at Li Guang, "...aha."

She frowned, "What?"

He sighed and put his phone down, "What do you do for a living?"

"I'm an explorer!" She explained, "I'm also a bounty hunter."