Chapter 10: What it Takes to be a Good Person

9:00; 24 of October

Mona narrowed her eyes as she lay motionless in her bed. Arcana brought her a bowl of chicken soup, smiling as he placed it on her bedside table.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Better," she grumbled, "I just wanna be able to go back out on missions."

"It's only been four days since you were found," He said sternly, "You're still not recovered."

She hated to admit it, but it was true.

"By the way," Arcana continued, "Some of the others are coming to visit in a little while if that's ok."

"Who?"

"Li Ling, Lewis, Leora, Tang Xuan," He listed, counting them off on his fingers.

"Alright, that's fine."

***

12:10; 24 of October

Mona heard the doorbell ring, and Arcana running to open it.

Then her four friends came into her room.

"Mona! How are you feeling?" Li knelt down beside her.

"Better."

"That's good to hear," Leora bent down beside the bed, "The office has been quiet without you."

"Well, as quiet as it can get." Xuan added.

"Don't act like you're not apart of the problem." Lewis lightly punched the redhead's arm, who flinched at the impact.

"Oh, shiz! I'm sorry, you ok?" Lewis quickly recoiled.

"I'm fine," Xuan raised his hands, "This visit is about Mona."

"Bah, bull," Mona stuck her tongue out, "You're still in recovering too."

"Heh..." Xuan scratched his glove a little.

"So, what has everyone been up to?" Mona asked, excited to hear all the fun stories.

"Xuan got a girl." Leora said

"No, she's just a friend!" He quickly corrected her.

"A girl friend, eh?" Mona teased, "Tell me about her."

"Do you really wanna hear about me?"

Everyone else nodded vigorously. The poor Xuan sighed and quickly pulled out his phone. On his phone, he revealed a picture of a girl with black hair. Mona bit her tongue as to not say anything, but...