Chapter 14: Hell Be On Earth

Yuuhime walked through the park to her job. She noticed the flowers she looked at when Xuan had gone missing; the most beautiful orange one had been trampled on, but more interestingly was how the red rose had grown in front of the poor orange flower, now being the one to shield it from the world.

She thought it was sweet. She'd watch a movie about the flowers.

Her face flushed. What was she thinking? They were just flowers.

Her escape room job was actually quiet close to the park. She quite liked this, because she could take a longer walk after work around the park after her shift ended. Speaking of her job, she arrived inside and slipped on her costume.

Her job at the horror themed escape room was always eventful. She worked 2 hours every Friday and Saturday, which she greatly enjoyed already, since she wasn't around Yamato at all. On top of that, her coworkers were always so fun to hang out with. When there was no costumers, they'd mess around in the dressing room. When there was costumers, she had fun scaring them in the escape room.

Today was a very slow day. Only one group had came in all day, and they were no fun at all. They were understaffed; only her, another actor named Kyle, and the register worker named Honey were in today.

"Are you sure there's no-" Kyle called.

"Yeah!" Honey interrupted him, "Now stop asking, I'll let you know when someone comes!"

Yuuhime sighed. Even if she was a little bored, it was at least better than being with Yamato.

She heard the main door open, the jingle of the bell hung that was hung just right giving the actors the word to get into places.

"Finally..." Kyle mumbled.

After a few minutes, the intercom sounded off. "Come on out, you two. Official Esper Union business."

"Shiz, what now?"

Yuuhime wondered the same thing as she and her coworker walked out. In the front room, she saw Mona and Xuan.

"We need to evacuate." Honey said, irritated.

"What? Why?!" Kyle yelled.

"Apparently, there's some miramon nearby they need to take care of."

Yuuhime looked at Xuan. He awkwardly smiled and waved. She waved back, giving a smile too.

"We know you're an Esper, Yuuhime," Xuan said, "So you can stay or leave, your pick."

She nodded, peeking at her coworkers leaving. "I'd be happy to stay and help."

Mona quickly said, "Hang on, Miss Yuuhime, me and Tang Xuan need to look through everything inside this building."

"Of course. Here, this is the key to the changing rooms."

"Thank you." Mona nodded, taking the key.

Once out of ear shot, she pulled Xuan closer. "Hey, why'd you let her stay?"

"Eh?" He tilted his head.

"How do I say this...are you sure she's fit for fighting miramon? I know her background, but..."

"I promise you, she's one of the strongest fighters I know!" Xuan said boldly.

"Ok, ok, but what if she's lost her touch? Like, you've said she's told you she hasn't fought one in a while."

"She's still super strong, I promise."

Mona nodded with skepticism, but she knew if Yuuhime needed help, she or Xuan could easily protect her. She still didn't fully trust the young woman, couldn't shake the feeling that she would do something devious.