Part 9

She clutched to the back seat of the car, she was dazed off in her own thoughts just thinking about the killer, that how had he destroyed her life in just a go? How cruel he must be to destroy someone's world?
And she was too, concerned about her family and their safety. Just then the car's gate closed from inside and Dhruv entered into it. "Are you ready?" Dhruv asked Tara. "Yes." She replied while looking outside the window, enjoying her neighbours fight show and nodding. Just then the car begin and Tara took out her phone from her bag texting Shweta about the previous night.

Tara- Hey girl, how are you?

Shweta- Fine, was just thinking about you last night.
Did you have a nice sleep?

Tara- Yeah!, slept peacefully.

Shweta- Oh! I really forgot.
Happy birthday in belated girl. I was first thinking to give you a surprise but then thought you wouldn't like it.

Tara- Na! It's fine by the way last night the other three girls of our gang did surprise me, it was for my birthday.

Shweta- Oh really and you agreeeeeed!

Tara- Ya! I....

Shweta-I?

Tara- Just thought I am enough being sad. Let me show God, the outbreak of this lass!
Ok girl, I will talk to you later. I'm about to reach college.

Shweta- Byeee.
.........

Tara put her phone in the bag and spotted Dhruv looking at him from the rear-view mirror.

Dhruv- What happened? Whom were you texting?

Tara- Nothing, just texting my friend shweta, telling her about last night birthday surprise.

Dhruv- Did you also tell her about.....

Tara- No, no way my gossips spread like a rumor and besides that I won't like to see my family and friends tensed again, Sir.
And, if Ananya knows about it then fine but don't tell her if she doesn't.

Dhruv- She knows about it cause she is my best friend, and trust me Tara I won't tell it to anyone.

Tara- Ok.

They reached college after a few minutes.

Both Dhruv and Tara stepped out of the car together, and all around them were shocked. Shweta was too standing there she had come to her college cause there was an art exhibition in her college and she wanted to give some of her paintings.

Shweta(thought) - What the heck!, Is she dating him?
No way!

Shweta approached near Tara

Shweta- What the heck girl! You didn't even tell me you are dating him. I am seriously losing my brain cells now.

Tara's eyes widened signalling Shweta not to utter one more word.

She grabbed her hand and took her to a corner.

Tara- Are you seriously mad? Why did you say that in front of him? And I am not dating him, he stayed for a night at my house yesterday and don't tell it to anyone. Ok.

Shweta- Fine, but Will you please tell me what is happening?

She said nudging Tara aside teasingly.
And Tara gave her her most famous side eyed look,

Tara- Seriously. Actually, he couldn't stay in a hotel as being, the son of a celebrity. So there was none other place around for him to stay, so he stayed at mine and I am getting late. So, I have to go girl. Ok, bye.