~*~{Chapter Three}~*~

Anderson: 

Ryan looked at me, his skin dropping in pallor at the question. I'd seen the look before. It was the same look a lot of the doc's in the Regenerator program had when ever a new batch of 'recruits' would come in knowing that most of them wouldn't survive. The look of knowing dread that they had no other choice. I looked to the girls, although their faces were covered by those damned mask I could see their skin, it was devoid of color, almost corpse like, a thin layer of sweat covering them, their tiny little bodies seemed to shake in a way I above all people knew.

"Father, what the fuck are you doing to them?! Those poor lassies are clearly going through withdrawal! No child should be addicted to anything!"

"I understand your concern my boy, and I agree with you. However, the little monsters are not my doing. I merely overtook their care, and unfortunately, they are a necessary evil down here."

"No child being drugged is necessary, you filthy, mangy, bastard!" Alucard snapped, the only thing stopping him from tearing out my Pa's throat was me standing between them." The only monster here is you, fucker!"

"Aye, now explain quickly or I drop the leash!" I spoke calmly but I was a raging being of pure wrath inside.

"Very well." Ryan replied, pulling out a cigar from his pocket. I went to get a light for him but he then snapped his fingers and lit it with a small flame ignited there. I watched as he lit the smoke, and with a snap again, his fingers went out like a sad match. 

" You see, we found this beautiful yet nasty little thing down here in the sea slugs called Adam. This gave us the ability to rewrite genetic code for everyone, and with it, we needed a way to mass produce it. We found great success in using these quote 'Little sisters' to harvest it from given the slug lives in them. Now, because of this, the slug and the little girl are fused, and thus, they both need the very thing they make to survive, not unlike how a vampire needs blood to survive. Adam is their blood. However, we did notice that with this production came addiction riddled lunatics, and thus we are currently working with an Alpha series of creatures called 'Big Daddies' by the rest populous, however, they're actually called Protectors."

" Sounds no different from the Regenerator Program from Iscariot, doesn't it, Anderson?" 

I didn't respond to the comment, I shot Ryan a look of pure hatred. I crouched down to the small girls, each of them were children by any account. It sickened me to my core. These poor girls were experimented on, for what to make sure some junkie got there fix? I shook my head rounding on him.

"What do you mean by 'taken over' their care?"

"Frank Fontaine was the one to develop the process. When I dealt with him, it was either let the girls go hungry or take over that part of business. As an act of charity, I took over their care as I said, and it was me who thought they needed protecting, now enough of this macabre talk."

"This Fontaine, he is dead, but I would very much like to talk to his followers." Alucard said calmly, but I knew that glint in his eyes, the glint of a hunter ready to take out a monster. I knew hunger when I saw it, and Alucard was starved.

" Victor...buddy...I need you to calm down and leave it be. Clearly this is something we can't fix, however, I want to overtake this part of the Rapture life. These Little Sisters, as you call them, deserve a better life-" 

" For Great Chain's sake, you sound like Tenenbaum! Listen, dear boy, just relax and enjoy a night of unbridled excitement on me, and who knows, Rapture might just be the place you deserve to be. I don't like this mess anymore then you do, but business is business, and who am I to stop those who wish to make a profit? The whole point to Rapture was to tell society from above the waterline to go bugger off." 

" You aren't God, you can't just run off, kidnap folks and whisper devil-laced promises and hope you have no consequences from it, Dad! You can't just fucking keep hurting people with your brash impulses and hope to walk away unscathed! You fucked up! You fucked up with me, you fucked up with these little girls, and you fucked up by letting a city exist without laws, rules, regulation! This entire city is a den of vice, sin, and absolute bullshit! You wanna know why you hate Frank so much, it's because he's exactly like you, you fake, ignorant, miserable, cruel, babbling cultist!" 

"I am not your mother boy. There are no Gods or kings down here, only man." He snapped almost insulted.

Me, with a grin of satisfaction, turned to him and asked him a question, with long overdue sass in my voice. 

" Are you sure, Father Dearest, because you sound like Mother right now, and I haven't even met her yet." 

He went quiet at my remark, and looked as if he was lost in thought. 

" You may have a point, dear boy...You are my son, seeing truth where others live in masks of lies. I'll admit, I did admire your mother for her ideas, her brains, her smarts. You have the same line of thinking she did when I told her of Rapture. We...we separated afterwards, my stubborn pride getting the best of me. Listen, I'm...I'm willing to make amends with you, Sashka, but I can't promise that I'll be always open-minded. Old Dogs, new tricks, you know the saying." 

" So, you'll listen to me, let me take over the Little Sister's, and let me help you make Rapture into a true utopia? One where there are rules and laws, but they are there to help, not hinder Rapture's purpose." 

" I'll give it a shot, but don't be surprised if everyone pushes back. Come to my office with me, you have much to learn before you pick up that mess. Sullivan, be a saint and go grab Tenenbaum please? You'll want to speak to them about this." 

" And Fontaine's lackies, where are they?"

" At the bottom of the ocean, dear boy, they are no worry to us. Now, let's see how you can grow sea legs worthy of Rapture."