~ * ~ { Chapter Nine } ~ * ~

Anderson

We talked for hours after that, this Tenenbaum explaining her plan. It seemed there was a way to save the Little Sisters, however her plan required three things, firstly a way to the surface, secondly a man willing to fight, thirdly one of those Plasmids. She'd been developing one that if her theory stood true, would be able to separate the Sea Slug from the girl. The main issue she was however was the fact that in it's current form this 'Plasmid' was apparently unstable, even by their low standards, and it had some really nasty side effects to the one using it. 

"Question, Doctor," I begun not believing I was about to ask what I was asking. "If you had someone who had a superhuman healing factor, would these side effects still be a problem?"

"Considering that the Plasmid currently causes rapid aging of the cells, borderline necrosis mind you, Herr Anderson, that such a person's healing factor could negate that, but I don't see how that is relevant."

"Alexander no!" Alucard growled with a commanding tone, fear in his voice making me do a internal doubletake. "You just got clean! Who knows what kind of affect that shit would have on you! Look at it! Its fucking glowing! Not to mention the Regen shit is still under development, who knows how it'll interact with that and you!"

"Alu, I could save them, and all it would take is one little needle."

"Yes, and how many times did you tell yourself 'just one little needle then I'll get clean?' "

"This is different. I was selfish then, and this time it's to save innocent kids."

"That's not my damned point and you know it papist!"

I gingerly pull him from his place before me, and once he was on his knees between my legs, his nose inches from mine, I knew then and here he loved me. He loved me unlike I had ever been loved before, and I wasn't about to squash it nor hurt him. I see clear tears fall from his muddy eyes, those once vibrant red eyes now a shade befit the very earth this building was settled into.

" Please...don't leave me alone like the others did...I need you...Te iubesc atât de mult și sunt atât de speriat..." 

" I'm not going to leave you, madadh-allaidh mo ghràidh. I promise, but I need you to trust me. Can you trust me?" 

" I...I can try. I can try." 

" Then I need you to trust that I'll be ok, and that I know what I'm doing, mo ghràdh. Let me be selfless, please." 

" Only if it's possible to erase it from your genetics after." 

" Well...is it, Doctor?" 

"I honestly don't know, no one has ever wanted to reverse the genetic modification process before." She said trailing off and starting to talk to herself, no doubt trying to figure it out if it was possible.

I walked over to the window in the lab, looking out onto the ocean floor, it was a n amazing sight I'll give them that, a city of massive sky scrapers locked underwater, with fish instead of birds. From the smallest fish, to massive blue whales, their songs vibrating through the superstructure of the city in almost choir like music.

"This place is so beautiful," I say sighing loudly as Drac walks over to join me. "Yet under the surface, it's rotten to the core." 

"Da, now stop changing the subject. Are you sure you want to do this? Really sure I mean?"

" I say we save the Little Sisters, clean out my father's vileness, then run this city like it's ours. You never have to go back to Hellsing, I get to be free from the church, I get to have the life I know I deserve, and you get the empire you've always wanted. So, to answer you more succinctly, yes, I am absolutely positive, even if the Plasmid's can't be removed, I am sure. " 

Alucard gave a weary sigh, he didn't like it, but he knew as much as I did that we had little choice. Saving those Little Sisters was damned important, fuck bringing my half sister back to her cult. If she didn't want to go, who was I to tell her that? I turned back to Tenenbaum. 

" Let's do this, Doc." 

"You should be aware before I give this too you, the first Plasmid is always rough, not to mention Adam and Eve can become highly addictive."

"Just give me the shot doc, I've been through a lot worse. Trust me." 

She nodded, taking the bottle she had been working on, and pushing the needle into it, filling the injection with the thick glowing crimson substance. I winced as she plunged the steel into my vein. She compressed the plunger and suddenly I felt it; My veins were on fire, pain so severe I'd never felt the like. It started at the injection sight before flooding my enter body, I fall to the floor, the room spinning, my vision turning as if it now had yellow tinted glass in my spectacles. When the burning finally stopped, and the room was no longer turning like a damned carousel, I stood up shaking a little with the shock of what I just went through, Alucard looking deeply worried. 

" Are you alright, draga?" 

" I..I feel a bit woozy, but I've had hangovers from Heroine far worse then this. I'll bounce back like rubber in a jiff. So, let me ask you something, Doc, how easy would it be to bring down Ryan and everything he holds fucking precious?" 

" As easy as breaking a champagne glass on new years. I believe that, with my help, the two of you can be the ones to take Ryan down. Fuck Atlas, he can go to hell for all I care. You are here and now, and I am not one to wait on a blessing and prayers." 

" Ok, who the fuck is Atlas?"

" You two really don't know? Oh, wow, you'll want to sit down, and let me explain to you who Atlas is and why he is treated like a rebel leader."