Chapter 30 - What am i going to do?

Enjoy
______________________________________

Having most of their endeavors nearly done for the day, the couple decided to take a rest, in eachothers company in their bedchamer.

Nightmare sat on the chair, still filling out some papers while Cross sat on his lap, his head lied on the Lords' shoulder.

No one said anything the whole time they were there.
It was peaceful, to say the least.

Cross hummed, deciding to break the peaceful silence.

"H-Hey, my Lord?"

Nightmare gave a hum himself, rubbing the smallers back gently in acknowledgment as he continued working.

'Should I?...'

He questioned his choice of words but chose to speak anyway.

"W-What do you t-think of... c-children?"

The Lord paused at his writing, Cross grew anxious, thinking he might have said the wrong thing.

'He won't y-yell at me... will he?'
Hiding his face further into the tallers shoulder.

But Nightmare didn't seem all bothered by the question, in fact, thinking for a moment before answering.

"Children..? I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about it, but right now, I believe I'm alittle too busy for a kid."

The monochrome listened carefully.

"I wouldn't wanna leave you to take care of them alone, dearest. Maybe somewhere in the near future."

He bumped their foreheads together.

"O-Ok."

Nightmare pulled the smaller into a kiss, which was quickly reciprocated.
Adjusting the smaller to face him on his lap, moving the pencils out the way as he placed Cross on his back on the desk.

Cross panted once they pulled apart.
His blush worsened as Nightmare began nipping at his neck.

"M-My Lord w-wait."
He placed his hands on the tallers shoulders. Catching his attention.
"Hm?"

"W-We can't do this r-right now, I-I still have m-my affairs to c-complete."

Nightmare chuckled lowly. Planting a small kiss on the smallers' lips before helping him up.

"Very well then, darling."

                             ••••

Cross used the wall as support.

What was he going to do?

Clutching his shirt, he panicked. Tearing up.

'Dammit! Dammit! D-Dammit!'

'W-What am I going to do?'