Chapter 13 - His Worry

Enjoy

______________________________________

'D-Did I hear that right?'

Cross and Ink turned back one more time to look at the open gates outside.

Their eyes widened once they saw the champaign of Nightmares guards outside, Nightmare was in the front leading them.

And he didn't seem happy at all.

                             ••••

Nightmare snarled And eyed every single one of those who decided to attack his home and village.

He got off his horse and so did his own knights.

Those that belonged to Lord Subo had their eyes now on Nightmare and his champaign.

"Now then..."
Nightmare spoke darkly.
"I didn't think I'd have guests while I was away..uninvited guest at that."

"Boys, What do we call uninvited guests?"

"Trespassers, M'lord."
Dust spoke up.

"Thieves, more like."
Horror spoke up beside him.

Nightmare growled.
"You all had the nerve to attack my land, for that. I'll kindly feed you to the pigs."

"Wait! Here me out first. I am Lord Subo! Son of King Trion!"
Lord Subo spoke out.

Nightmare raised a brow.
"A Lord...?"

"Yes! And your people had offended me by questioning my identity and refusing entry!"

Killer shook his head as he merely watched.

"This little scuffle got alittle out of hand is all!"
Subo continued.

Nightmare looked around to find the walls protecting the village cracked, the front gates broken, and a few of his castle guards injured.

"Heh, alittle scuffle you say..."
Nightmare walked up to the Lord, smirking as his guards backed up.

Lord subo recoiled.
"I-I apologize for letting my angry get the better of me. Let's end things here and-"
He got cut off as Nightmare summoned a tendril and lifted the man up by his neck.

"Is war what you're looking for? What else could it mean if you attacked my land!"

A gasp could be heard in the distance.

"I'll have your head for this!"
The Dark Lord bared his fangs.

"W-wait, y-you can't break the t-treaty of all the s-seven kingdoms!"
Subo tried to speak.

"You lost its protection the moment you attacked my Land!"

Subo groaned as he struggled for air.
His own knights didn't care to help, how could they when a whole army is at the Dark lords command.

"I-i h-ave guards pledged to m-me back in my own l-land, t-this w-will be a real war if y-you kill me!"

Nightmare smirked and raised another tendril.
"I very much look forward to it."

Subo closed his eyes as the tendril zapped forward ready to pierce him.

"MY LORD WAIT."

A familiar voice was heard and footsteps approached him. Stopping him from ending this man's life.

It was Blue.
Nightmare glared at him.

"Forgive me, My lord. But it would be best to deal with him after we have confirmed his identity and send word to his land-"

"Are you questioning my decision?"
Nightmare snarled.

"Never, My lord, but its best if we follow protocol and compensation, war only brings loss if his claims are true."

"Tch. Protocol my ass, attacking my land and injuring my men. I can invade his land and take everything there."

Killer nodded his head enthusiastically.
"I agree!"

Dust facepalm.

Horror looked between the knights that belonged to Subo.
"I agree as well commander, judging by these knights, I assume it wouldn't be too hard."

"My Lord, we will only be in conflict with his kingdom if you do that, and besides."
Blue stopped to point in the direction of the front gates.
"Must you sully the eyes of his Grace any futher, you should show him a knights chivalry."

Nightmares eyes widened.

"What did you just say..."

There in the far distance surrounded with guards, was Cross watching the whole ordeal. He looked shaken.

Nightmare felt his jaw tightened.
'Why the hell is my husband here..!'

Quickly Nightmare dropped Lord Subo to the ground and turned to look at the rest that attacked the land.

"SURRENDER YOUR WEAPONS AND GET OFF YOUR HORSES! ILL LET YOU KEEP YOUR HEADS IF YOU DONT RESIST!"

                              ••••

"Your Grace are you alright?!"
Ink asked as he helped Cross stand.

"I'm alright, thank you. But are you okay Ink?"

Ink opened his mouth to speak but shut it as a shadow loomed over both of them. Ink lowered his head.

Cross turned around to find Nightmare looking at him.

"Cross what the hell were you thinking.."

The smaller flinched.
"T-They told me there was a problem but I d-didn't t-think they'd attack."

"What the hell do you think would've happened to you!?"
Nightmare grabbed the smallers' arm as he raised his voice.

Cross flinched once more, he was scared.
'I-is he going to..'

Nightmare sighed and picked Cross up bridal style. Cross yelped.

"Were going to the Castle, Ink make sure they clean all this up."

With that he teleported them inside the safety of the castle walls, Nightmare didn't say a word as he continued to carry Cross all the way to their bedroom.

Cross grew even more anxious as Nightmare finally set him down and walked towards the giant windows. Looking at the mess at the front of the village.

The smaller gripped onto his shirt.
'Does he hate me now...'
He whined.
'Please don't hate me too'

"M-My Lord, i-im sorry I..."
His words died in his tongue as he merely lowered his head.

'He's going to beat me isn't he...'
Tears pricked his eyes at the thought.

He gasped as he felt the Lord lift his head and close the gap between them. Nightmare pulled away soon after and pulled the smaller closer.

"My Lord..?"

Nightmare sighed and continued to hold the other closer.
"The second I saw you out there... I felt my blood run cold..."

Cross held the other.

"Please, don't ever put yourself in danger like this."
Nightmare held his hand and kissed the back of it.

Cross raises his other hand to cup the tallers cheek.
"I didn't mean to distress you, I'm sorry."

'He's not mad, he's just worried for me.'

Nightmare back away completely to look Cross up and down.
"Are you hurt anywhere?"

Cross flinched and shook his head.
"No, my Lord, I'm ok."

The Dark Lord hummed and took off his black gloves.

"Show me then."