𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍; set free

「 ✦ chapter seven; set free

✦ chapter seven; set free. ✦

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

The snow gently fell on their h/c hair as Y/N held out their gloved hands, all bundled up in winter gear. A hoodie, jacket, their scarf, sweatpants and snow boots. They even had a small beanie on that Miko had bought them.

This was the second winter without Miko, and somehow, it was easier. Way easier. It still hurt. They still turned around to say something to someone who wasn't there, but it was getting easier.

They were 12 now, but they were finding joy in simple things. As Miko would have wanted them to do. It's been two years since her death, and a year since they beat up Jigoku.

That's why they were out in the garden, standing as snow fell, a layer on snow covering the ground. Y/N breathed in the scent of the scarf that was pulled up over their nose, Miko's smell invading their nostrils. Ever since they beat up Jigoku, he avoided them unless it was for training. As if he were guilty of something, but Y/N didn't put much thought into it. They were far too focused on trying to live as a child inbetween the training.

But now that there wasn't anyone to look after them, the h/c haired taught themself everything. Cleaning, washing, cooking. They always like being clean and cleaning before, but only their bedroom, so they set the task of making sure that they knew everything that Miko did... Picking up from where she left off from teaching them.

Even though they shouldn't have to be worrying about such things as a child, Y/N knew that this what just the way they had to do it. They let themself be a child occasionally, as Miko would have wanted.

Isn't there something... called a snow angel?

Y/N knitted their eyebrows together in thought, and with a burst of excitement, laid down on the ground. Spreading their arms and legs, they moved them side to side. After a minute or so, Y/N got up and looked down at the imprint with a tilt of their head. They were quite happy with the outcome.