𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄; training tribulations

「 ✦ chapter three; training tribulations

✦ chapter three; training tribulations. ✦

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

A scream echoed through the hallways of the L/N estate, making Miko wake up, startled, bed hair everywhere and confused. Getting out of bed in and rushing to put on a nightrobe, she ran to Y/N's room and slammed the door open only to witness Y/N thrashing around, voice becoming more hoarse with each second of screaming.

With tired eyes, the pink-haired lady ran forward and shook Y/N, "Wake up, Y/N!"

As Y/N continued to thrash and scream, Miko pulled Y/N to sit up and rushed to sit behind them, arms wrapped tightly around them as to keep them still.

"Come on, Y/N, wake up. It's not real. You're here at the L/N estate. You're not there anymore."

Y/N woke up with a gasp, heavy breathing was all that could be heard in response for a few minutes as Miko whispered reassurances.

Miko frowns, embracing the small child in her arms, "It's okay, Y/N."

She could only feel sorrow for them, seeing how they reacted; no tears. No screaming. Just mourning and acceptance. Miko could only wish to elevate their bottled pain even just a little bit.

Violet eyes lighting up like a light bulb - she knew exactly what she would do - but first, after checking the time to see it was already early morning, she'd have to get them ready for whatever Jigoku had in store for them.

She also had to explain everything to them... Miko looks down at them in sadness, a heavy feeling in their heart, knowing that they were far too young to be taught any of this, but she couldn't go against Jigoku, not if she wanted to protect Y/N to the best of her abilities.

"Are you calm, now?" Miko asked, slowly loosening her grip on the h/c haired child.

A loud exhale left them, and Miko felt them nod against her stomach, letting her body unwrap from Y/N, she moved to the side to face them.