𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄; the blessing of love (the cycle)

「 ✦ chapter one; the blessing of love (the cycle)

✦ chapter one; the blessing of love (the cycle). ✦

[y'all this book is already at 1k wtf?? IT'S ONLY BEEN A DAY??]

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

"You're going to be special, Y/N," Haruka smiled as she stared down at the silent baby who was far too focused on her index finger, grabbing it with their small hands to notice she was talking. "I have a feeling you'll do great things..."

Her lips turned downwards as her voice softened into an almost-whisper, "But we cannot stay here, your father can teach you. I don't trust his family."

Y/N continued to blab like a baby, mouth trying to chew on her finger, only making Haruka tear up, a wet laugh escaping her. 

"Who knows what they'll do to you once you acquire the L/N cursed technique. Not to mention with my family's inherent ability." Haruka continued lowly, e/c eyes not once leaving her child, "I want you to grow up with love. An unbridled, blessed love. Not some half-assed, 'this-is-for-your-own-good' type of love that they will show you... I don't want you to grow up thinking that love is a curse, like the ones you will learn to defeat."

It was silent for a while after that as Haruka sat on her chair, eyes never once leaving Y/N.

It was only broken when a knock was heard from the door, Mamoru peaking his head through. His frown instantly turning into a soft, loving smile upon seeing his wife and child.

"There you are," Mamoru muttered as he stepped into the room.

Closing the door behind him, he walked over to Haruka and Y/N, instantly crouching and wrapping his arms around them in need of comfort.

『 ✿ ◦• ♡ ◦• 𓆩❀𓆪 ◦• ♡ ◦• ✿ 』

"Mama!" A baby-like voice called.

Haruka's head turned to see Y/N on two legs - now over a year old - whilst Mamoru held them with two hands to steady them.

"Oh!" A soft smile appeared on her face, placing the book she was reading on the brown coffee table next to her. "Hello darling!"