chapter 2 - y-youre kidding.

AUGUSTINE POV
° ° °

I watched as my mom heaved boxes into the moving truck. How did she sell the house so fast? She turned to me, forehead beaded with sweat.

She beckoned for me to help. Despite not wanting to, I heaved a sigh and helped her. I told her I'd be back. I had left my backpack on the kitchen counter.

And there it was, just as it was supposed to be. I rummaged through my back and grabbed my bear. He had such a sweet, familiar scent on him. I swung the backpack over my shoulders.

"Auggie!" Mom called. I groaned, holding my bear between my arms. I opened the front door.

"Yes, yes. I'm coming."

She let me sit in the back, I'd have more room there. Unfortunately, I didn't exactly. Multiple boxes were piled in the seats next to me.

I glanced down at my bear once again, setting it down on the cramped seat next to me. The car jerked forward, and then we drove off.

I glanced behind me. We just left my childhood house. The house I grew up in. I couldn't help but feel sorrow. Leaving such a place that meant so much to me.

Perhaps it was a good thing I was leaving. I mean, it did cause some trauma, I guess.

° ° °

It took about a day before we really got to the new house. The lot right next to the Boskos'.

When the moving truck pulled up, Winnie's parents rushed out. Seemed like Mom told them we were coming. I got out of the car. Such a long ride made my ass hurt like absolute hell.

His parents pulled me into hugs, they were overjoyed to see me. I felt a lot more appreciated than I usually did. Hopefully I'd be enrolled in the university soon.

WINNIE POV
° ° °

"Y-You're kidding."

"No, Winnie. I'm not." Dad replied.

"I'll..I'll be there in a bit, okay?" I stammered. I hung up the call. Surely missing one class wouldn't matter. The college wouldn't miss me.

I ran off the camp grounds and to my car. I started up the engine, driving to my parents' house as fast as I legally could. When I first turned the corner, I saw a moving truck.

Then, Augustine's mother. Then, Augustine himself.

A/N again

hii!! chapters will probably be below 900 words. i know that's short, but recently longer chapters are harder for me so I'll be doing shorter ones. i hope this is okay so far. also what?? 44 views within a day and 4 votes within a day as well? quickest i've ever grown