04

Every day in the last two weeks since Changbin broke up with Jisung were the same agony for the latter: standing up, sneaking out of the house to go to school, sitting in class without really listening, silently enduring lunch with or without food, boring classes again, going home and sometimes getting hit by Juwoon to finally sleep after that.

Today he doesn't feel like company, so as soon as lunch begins he goes onto the rooftop where most likely no one would be since it's a hidden door but also a forbidden place actually. Who cares? Not Jisung.

So after closing the door he sits down near to the edge to enjoy a peaceful moment, he rarely has them anymore because either his dad or Changbin are bothering him.

The only bad thing at the rooftop is, that he forgot his jacket and due it's currently December the weather is really cold. Well he can't go to his locker to get it because then he would encounter one of his friends and then he would have to sit in the loud cafeteria.

Freezing in peace seems like the best option he has now.

Until the silent peace was interrupted by the door opening. And after only some moments a body sitting next to him.

There it is again: the calming aura from Lee Minho.
"It's cold up here Ji, why aren't you inside?" Seriously, what can you respond to that, without lying but without telling the truth? Maybe dodging the question could be good.

"How did you know I would be here?" Not gonna lie, Jisung feels like he could tell Minho everything and he wouldn't judge or something, but he had the same feeling with Changbin so he's just being extra careful.

"You mentioned this place once and you weren't with us so I figured you could be here"

"I didn't feel like being with so many people" actually he didn't want to be with anyone at all, he just couldn't say that.

"How did you even find this place? As much as I know it's forbidden to be here and really really hard to find"

"To be honest that's quite a funny story, you could consider it as the first story I tell you"

Jisung really tried to hold up his wall but it's so easy to talk to Minho, so with the light nod Minho gives him he starts to tell him how he found the door to the rooftop.

Two years ago

Since Jisung transferred to this school one year ago, every single minute he has, he spends with Felix. Both of them knew each other since they were little, Jisung just moved away when they were older, until he moved back now. But the last week Felix was kinda not there mentally and he always has a book with him, so of course Jisung got curious as to what's up with the book.

"You're not even listening to me Lix" Felix really sorta stopped talking to him properly because he's always on a website to exchange his reading experiences about one book he's totally obsessed with, with other people.

"I'm sorry it's just" with that Felix takes his book out to show it Jisung and to explain why he's so absent the last time. "It's about a woman who is married to a man, but the man has an affair with her brother. Later she dies but she gets revived and wants to get revenge. You know I don't know how many times I reread it but it's just so good"

"That sounds like the most interesting book I've ever heard of, could I maybe borrow it?"

"I don't know Ji, I just started reading it again and I'm not halfway through it yet. But when I finished it I'll tell you" So Felix put the book back in his backpack and stood up when the bell rung to go to his next class.

Jisung doesn't have any classes right now, he just wants to stay in the library and chill a bit. At least that was his plan before he looks down and sees that Felix missed his backpack so the book lies there now. Since Felix wouldn't need it right now, Jisung could just read a bit from it, it wouldn't harm anyone.

Until he got totally obsessed with it and decides to just give it back to Felix when he finished reading it.

Two days later Jisung still wasn't finished with the book and of course Felix noticed that his book isn't where it's meant to be and he even asked Jisung about it but he said he has no clue. Liar.

They are currently in Jisung's room to work on a project, only taking a break when Jisung goes to the kitchen to get some snacks. But now when he enters his room again, he doesn't see a working and concentrated Felix, he sees an angry and disappointed Felix with the book in his hand.

"You lied to me"

"I wanted to give it back to you really. But you dropped it two days ago and I read a bit and it's so good I wanted to give it back to you when I finished it"

"I even told you I want to finish it first, how could you just take it and lie to me when I asked you?"

"But you said you read it multiple times, I thought it's not that bad if I read it quick and give it back to you then"

"And? I told you how I feel about it and you have to respect that. I'm so disappointed in you"

So now Felix takes his stuff to go back home and leave Jisung alone. He feels guilty, why did he do this? It's just a book after all and now he's a disappointment.

He didn't dare to join Felix for lunch the next day so he walked around a bit to search for a good hide. After some walking he found a door, it looks like it's touched rarely and he doesn't have anything better to do so his curiousness takes over him and he finds the door to the rooftop.

Present

"How did you make up?"

"I went to his house in the middle of the night with his favorite sweets and a movie and then we cuddled. We didn't even talk about it, it was more like we knew what we wanted to say and yeah" Jisung starts to smile at the memory with his childhood friend.

Jisung's smile is enough to make Minho smile too. "That's so cute Sungs"

It's comfortable for Jisung now, more than it was before. The silence, doesn't matter with who, was awkward, but Minho is just different.