Lights Out

≪•◦  𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞  ◦•≫

As she started to make her way through the house she was weary, all senses spiked and every sound that came either from the floor boards beneath her or the light breeze blowing through the windows, made her flinch and tense.

She tried calling and texting Kaine, but his phone was in the kitchen. So where could he be if not in the house somwhere?

She first checked the bathroom before making her way upstairs. It was empty and no signs of any disruption.

She started to walk and felt the air around her grow colder as the tension seemed to thicken and her heart began to race faster and she made her decent. The stairs cracked under her fearful steps and she made as little noise as possible, still unsure of what waited for her at the top.

As she finished her ascent at the top of the stairs, she heard a noise from downstairs, a sort of clanck and crash of somthing made of metal. flinching, she wipped her head around, heart beat pounding so loud she could bareley hear her own thoughts. her breath quickened and she failed at any attempt to speak, so instead she crept back down the flight of stairs, slowly and as quiet as possible to inspect the sound. she looked around, nothing in sight until she got the kitchen.

She looked in and there was a pan laying on the ground, one she was almost certain was in the sink just moments ago. then the sound of somthing moving caught her attention, the footstep started from the otherside of the island bench in the certer of the kitchen, but they sounded unlike a human would. then a hairy head of grey and bridle made its was towards Jade, allowing her to let out a sigh of releif as she knelt down to embrass the warm fluff ball and its scruffy figure.

"Avery Darling, you scared me, You haven't seen Kaine have you?" she said while cuddling the dog. she was given a lick across the face as a reply and stood back up with her dog on her heels and continued her search with a gained confidence from her guardian that waltzed beside her. She first poked into the spare bedroom upstairs, it being the first door close to her. There was nothing there so she continited doen the hall. She came to the music room and carefully opened to the door.

She had manually turned on some lights to light her way in the darkness, as before none of them had been active giving an extra reason for the hair to be raised on the back of her neck.

She poked her head in and examed the room, nothing seemed out of place and there was no sign of Kaine so she walked out, closing the door behind her to continue her search.

She froze for a minute. Something telling her she wasn't alone in this house. And she had a gut feeling that it wasn't just Kaine, if he were here at all. She always had intuition that exceeded the usually person. Being able to tell if somthing was off about a situation even weeks before it occurred. Or a feeling about a person, if they were to be trusted of not. And she followed her gut everytime, it's somthing that Tys mum had told her to;

"follow your gut, it doesn't think, it knows, unlike your head that rages with thoughts that easily cloud good judgment"

She snapped out of her thoughts and listened for a second. Her eyes scanning the bland walls around her for anything. She heard nothing, not a sound, apart from her own blood pumping in her ears. She stepped forwards slowly and made her way to the bedroom door, slowly resting her hand around the know, letting it ajust to the cold, harsh metal before taking a deep breath. She wasn't sure is she wanted Kaine to be there or not  wasn't sure what she wound find.