My Soul Mate Is A Gangster In Prison... That's New - Chapter 10

Hey x 

Am uploading from school so you know if I get caught I blame all of you ;)

Next chappie x 

___________________________

Recap:

“Damn! You did good, Tasha!” I teased, and she blushed. She obviously knew I was talking about the well-toned 8 pack on his chest.

“Shut up! Stop perving on my mate!” she giggled, hitting my shoulder.

Tasha ran over to him and he enveloped her in a big bear like hug. Then they started making out. Ok, just turn away now. With my back to them I let out a small cough. As I turned back round I saw both of them blushing shades of pink. Aww! Cute!

“Well, I am going to go now. So yeah, good luck with the babies. If I don’t get to see them, tell them hello from Auntie Rashel” I grinned.

“We will. Good luck with D.” she shouted back at me. I waved at them both and they waved back. That is what I hoped my future to look like; unfortunately it was a lot more complicated.

______________________

David and Finn were busy setting up a tent. It was quite amusing to watch. I had never seen the two brothers so confused over such a simple thing. Sure, they knew how to take out a small pack of young wolves just the two of them but they didn’t have a clue how to pitch a tent. It had been nearly two hours since Tasha and Aliaster left.

My mood had significantly improved and now I am planning my escape out of here. David and Finn had done most of the work for me, they had supplied me with a car and GPS system. That’s all I really needed. I wasn’t ready to make a break for it yet though. It just didn’t feel like the right time.

“Rashel, can you come and help rather than standing laughing at us?” Finn pleaded. Mwhahaha! Never!

“I thought ‘putting a tent up was a man’s job’ that’s what you said anyway” I laughed.

“Please we have no idea what we are doing. Pretty please??” he continued batting his eyelashes at me. David hadn’t spoken for the past hour or so but had a constant crease of annoyance on his forehead. His mental shields were up so Finn and I decided it was best to leave him after pestering him for half an hour.

“Fine” I muttered, giving in to the eyelashes.  It took us almost an hour to pitch the tent properly. David continued not to talk to us the whole way through.

“I’m gonna get the sleeping stuff” said Finn, disappearing off towards the car leaving me and David alone.

Well this was awkward…

“I’m sorry David” I whispered not being able to get my voice any louder. He stopped dead and looked up at me.

“Don’t be sorry, you can’t help it.” His voice was softer than usual but tones of sadness were hinted throughout each word, like it was a struggle to say them.

Then I saw him do something I would have never expected David to do. He was crying. Glistening, wet tears rolling down his tanned skin. I didn’t know what to do. Did I hug him? He had never cried in front of me before except one time when he was 6 and I was 4 and he fell out of the tree house and broke his arm. He swore from then that he couldn’t afford to cry over things past or present or even future.

I reached out to him, pulling him into a tight hug. It was my turn to comfort him not the other way round. I wasn’t as tall as he was (I wasn’t small but David was nearly 6 foot 4 and I was only 5 foot 7) so his tears fell onto my hair like little raindrops.