Chapter Two: Part 1

Vote/Comment ❤️

Kirito Suzuki

Kirito's eyes slowly opened as he awoke. he felt refreshed after his nap. He relaxed for a minute, then reached for his phone to check the time. Looking at his phone, he saw that it was 3:15 PM. A message notification was displayed on the screen, so he opened it to read it.

It read, "Meet me at Itsumi Restaurant, 3-6-9 Shinko, Naka-ku, Yokohama, at 9:00 AM tomorrow." His face brightened with anticipation as he read the message. Kirito jumped out of bed, filled with excitement and determination. He hurried to the bathroom to brush his teeth and take a shower.

After cleaning up, he went straight to the parlour and found his wife there with a remote as she was selecting channels to watch. Mrs. Suzuki noticed her husband's presence and turned to look at him. For several seconds, Kirito stood there, unsure of what to say. Finally, he walked over to the chair beside her and sat down. They were both silent untill Kirito starts a conversation as he gulped.

"Um, about earlier today, I was actually worried about the debt that I'm owing Mr. Fumitaka," he said. Mrs. Suzuki's face grew serious as she looked at her husband. "I thought you said you had that debt under control," she said. "I remember you telling me that you were raising the money, and that there was only a little left to go. So, what is it you're telling me now? Have you been lying to me this whole time?"

Kirito felt the shame rise up within him. He had never lied to his wife before, and now he had been caught in a web of his own making. He hung his head, not knowing what to say. Looking downward in shame, Kirito said, "I lied to you, and I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to worry, so I made up that story. I've been so scared to tell you the truth. But now I have to, because something amazing happened today. A friend of Mr. Fumitaka called me a few hours ago. He said he has a proposition for me that will enable me to pay off my debt and become even richer than I was before."

Hearing all that, Mrs. Suzuki eyes were filled with excitement as she said, "Are you serious Sweetie?" "Of course hun, I'm damn serious," he replied. "So, when is he going to disclose the proposition to you?" she asked. " Well, he texted me the address of where we are going to meet and discuss about it. He said we are going to be meeting by 9.00am, tomorrow," he answered. "I see. well, I will be looking forward to tomorrow's outcome," she replied smilingly. "Same here, I can't wait for tomorrow to come," he said excitedly.

The conversation came to a halt as the sound of the doorbell echoed through the house. Mrs. Suzuki got up and answered the door, revealing their children, Atsushi and Ayami, who had just returned from school. "Hello, Mom and Dad!" they chorused, and Mrs. Suzuki and Kirito responded with a warm greeting. Atsushi and Ayami immediately scurried off to their rooms, eager to change out of their school clothes.

Atsushi was the eldest child and the only son of Kirito and Fujiko. He was 16 years old, 6 feet tall, slim, and fair-skinned. His sister, Ayami, was 15 years old, and shared her brother's fair complexion and slim build. She was shorter than Atsushi by only a few inches. Aside from their physical differences, the siblings shared many similarities in personality. They were both studious and well-mannered, and got along well with their parents and each other.

Time flew by as Kirito watched TV with his wife. Meanwhile, Atsushi and Ayami were busy with their schoolwork in their respective rooms. Before they knew it, it was 6:00 PM. Mrs. Suzuki rose from the couch and headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner. One hour later, the enticing aroma of food drifted throughout the house. Everyone gathered around the dinner table and enjoyed their meal in peace.

Mr. and Mrs. Suzuki were snuggled in bed together, Mrs. Suzuki sound asleep, while Mr. Suzuki lay awake, his mind racing with anticipation and anxiety about the day to come. What would the proposition be? Would it really be his ticket to regaining his former wealth and status? He tried to calm himself by taking deep breaths, but sleep evaded him as he worried and pondered about what tomorrow would bring.