Chapter Three: Part 1

Vote/Comment❤️

Kirito Suzuki

Kirito awoke the next morning to find the space beside him empty. Reaching for his phone, he saw that it was 6:42 AM. A minute later, he got out of bed and headed to the kitchen, where he found his wife cooking.

"Good morning, hun," he said. Hearing his voice, Mrs. Suzuki turned to greet her husband. "Good morning, sweetie," she replied. "Mmm, I smell something delicious," he said, smiling. "That's right, I'm making the Suzuki special beef rice," she replied. "I can't wait to dig into that delicious meal," Kirito said, still smiling. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it," Mrs. Suzuki replied. "I always do, honey, you're a fantastic cook," Kirito said. Mrs. Suzuki blushed at the compliment, then said, "It's the least I can do to help you feel better, especially with everything that's been going on." Kirito nodded, then said, "Thank you, my love.

A few seconds later, Kirito exited the kitchen, heading to the bathroom to brush his teeth and take a shower. After completing his morning routine, he walked out of the bathroom, where he saw his son, Atsushi, coming his way.

"Good morning, Dad," Atsushi said as he walked up to his father. "Good morning, my son," Kirito replied. "How did you sleep?" he asked. "I slept well," Atsushi said. "That's good to hear," Kirito said. "Make sure you get ready for school. Mom will be done cooking in about twenty or twenty-five minutes," he added as the two went their separate ways.

As Kirito entered the living room, he picked up the remote control that was lying on the coffee table. He started flipping through the channels, looking for the news. After a few minutes of channel surfing, he finally landed on a news program. He watched the news until 8:00 AM, when the program ended.

By that time, Atsushi and Ayami had already eaten breakfast and left for school. Kirito checked the time and realized he needed to get ready for his meeting. He went to his bedroom and picked out a black suit and black trousers from the wardrobe.

After getting dressed, Kirito went to the dining room for breakfast. His wife had already prepared a plate of food for him. She placed it on the dining table and Kirito sat down to eat. He finished his breakfast quickly, not wanting to be late for his meeting.

"Did you enjoy your meal?" his wife asked. "Yes, I did, honey," Kirito replied, smiling. He stood up from the table, indicating that he was ready to leave. "I see that you're all set to go," his wife said. "Yes, I am. And I better get going, or I'll be late for my meeting," Kirito said. "Okay, be safe, honey. I'll see you later," his wife replied.

His wife leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He hugged her, then walked out the door.

A few minutes later, Kirito got into a taxi and gave the driver the address that Mr. Chujiro had sent him. When he arrived at the restaurant, he paused for a moment, taking in his surroundings. He pulled out his phone and called Mr. Chujiro.

"Hello, sir. I've arrived at the restaurant," Kirito said. "Wonderful! Are you outside?" Mr. Chujiro asked."Yes, I am," Kirito replied. "Okay, well, just come inside. I'll be easy to spot," Mr. Chujiro said. "Alright, I'll be right there," Kirito said. He hung up the phone and walked into the restaurant.

The restaurant was crowded, and the diners were chatting and laughing. Kirito looked around, trying to spot Mr. Chujiro. Suddenly, he noticed a hand waving in the air in his direction. Kirito focused his eyes and saw that the waving hand belonged to a man dressed in a blue suit that looked quite expensive. The man was younger than Kirito and had a fair complexion. Kirito walked over to the table where the man was sitting. When he reached the table, the man stood up from his seat to greet him as they both greeted each other.