Fifteen

You look down at your food with stress as you feel the harsh eyes of Laylit's mother, Ranina, on you.

It's no lie that this woman hates her daughter, and you don't understand why the hatred.

She even supported her son to kill his sister which is very evil.

So, you don't like her at all.

You decided to start eating the food.

Kyalit watches you as he eats his food, actually, you noticed that Kyalit's gaze is on you most of the time.

Meanwhile, Aesra who your mother insisted on having dinner, sit across from you, smirking and drinking wine.

"You know dear aunt, you are way rich then God who is tight fisted, actually we all are" Aesra jokes.

Kyalit and Ranina laugh while you stay silent not finding humor in his words.

"How is God poor? When he is the creator or do you speak nonsense and believe it?" you inquire, narrowing your at Aesra.

"I believe in God's power, I was just being humorous"

Your cousin defends himself in a mocking manner as if not believing his own words.

"Hell needs people, I'm sure your jokes will get you a special seat there"

Aesra rolls his eyes playfully then jokes again.

"Indeed, I would love to spend a little time there to see how life is like, maybe it's better then heaven"

Before you could say anything else, your 'mother' cuts you off.

"Aesra is joking you should stop being rude"

"Indeed, sister, why are you so hard on our cousin today, he means no harm"

The six eyes staring at you all at once made you feel uneasy and defeated.

"Excuse me, I will retire to bed early" you say, standing up.

"You are excused, but say your farewells first to your cousin before you go"

You turn towards Aesra with a smile and with a sweet voice you utter the next words.

"Goodnight, cousin, I hope you burn in the depth of hell"

°°°

You ignored Laylit's mother beating on the door and screaming at you after Aesra took his leave.

Eventually the woman got tired of insulting you and left after knowing that you won't open up the door.

You also threatened the servants to not give her the key or you will tell your father about them disobeying you.

The fact that Laylit had to endure all of that with kindness, speaks volume about her abuse.

But, while you are here, you shall take revenge for her.

After one hour of just looking up at the ceiling and doing nothing, you hear the door get unlocked and see your twin enter, holding two bags.

"How did you get in here?" you inquire.

"I got the key, you gave it to me, remember?" Kyalit shows you the key

You watch him as he slowly empties the contents of the bag on your bed.

But you hold in a gasp when you see preserved animals.

"I preserved the animal from my last hunting trip with father, aren't they amazing?"

"y-yes" you lie.

"Peserving animals helped me finish my first experiment successful"

You fear to ask him what he means, but you do it anyway.

"Which is?"

He answers you by emptying the second bag which has...

...a preserved human head.