Twelve

If there was hope for any peace with the western empire, it is now gone all thanks to Rowan.

Now, that Rowan is out of the picture, you are left with the burden of dealing with an upcoming vicious war.

You feel like jumping from the balcony of your chambers and ending it all.

'Calm down, everything is going to be alright'

You hear Adam's voice cutting off your sucidial thoughts.

'How do you expect me to calm down when I know nothing about leadership and I'm expected to lead a war against one of the strongest kingdoms because I rejected his marriage proposal!'

You exclaim in your head so quickly and angrily.

'Don't worry, I will help you how to plan out the world'

'Yes, right help me with the war, when you lost your life in that war'

After a long silence, you hear Adam's voice again, calm and reassuring.

"I know I lost my life in that war, but I've been watching over you all this time. I believe in you, and I know you can do this."

Now, you feel guilty about the way you spoke with him.

'I apologise for my rude behaviour, I'm just anxious about everything lately'

Suddenly the view surrounding you changes and you find yourself standing in front of Adam.

You feel a sense of comfort as you find yourself face-to-face with Adam, his presence is reassuring,

"I don't know how to lead a war, Adam"

you say softly, feeling your heart raced.

"Or to be more honest I don't want a war to happen and many people to die...I don't want any innocent people to die"

"War is War"

"And those people have families, maybe I should accept his proposal, this is the only chance-"

He quickly placed his right hand against your lips before placing his other hand behind your neck.

"The people would rather go to war then see their queen get married to the enemy"

Adam's threatening tone makes you shiver in fear, as his eyes glare at you.

"The citizens are very jealous and possessive people when it comes to the ruler..."

He removes his hand away from your lips, placing his hand on your waist to pull you against his body.

"Don't tell me you forget the description you wrote in your own book about them"

And like that you are back to reality and the space of your balcony.

But against your will.

As someone grabs you from behind, placing a bag over your head.

"King David will be delighted to see you again"

The man David sent to kidnap you has finally arrived.

But instead of allowing him to kidnap you.

You do the most unthinkable thing and grab his arm before pulling him over your shoulder and throwing him out the belcony.

Good thing you learned karate.

Seeing the assassins broken dead body down there made you gulp.

'And you say you are afraid of war, you killed the man so easily'

Adam says with amusement.

'I hope this is the last time I have to deal with an assassination attampt'