Thirteen

Well...reading 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene and the Art of War by Sun Tzu was a nice way to put out a plan for war.

You decided to use blitzkrieg attack strategy on your enemy.

It's a strategy where a fast and powerful military attack where forces move quickly to surprise and overwhelm the enemy, often using those forces to create chaos and disable defenses.

But to achieve such a strategy you needed to surprise your enemy.

And Adam gave you the idea on how to surprise David's troops.

The enemy's troops were expecting that your army would attack from behind the city's walls or be waiting outside the wall to attack them.

But instead you decided to hide the archers into the mountains, and you had them use fire arrows to attack.

Apparently, that worked and surprised the enemy's troops, which made your forces take advantage and attack quickly, overwhelming the enemy, and making them retreat temporarily.

But, winning the first battle doesn't mean you won the war.

It's only the beginning for you.

A good one too.

You stare down at the the troops of David while standing on the top of the defense wall.

"Tell your king that I have given him too many chances, but he still chose war!" You scream on top of your lungs so they can hear you.

After that you retreat back to your position after getting down from the wall and riding your horse.

Alrik rides his horse beside you, feeling proud of the victory.

But feeling also proud to having such a strong queen to rule over the kingdom.

"You are really God's chosen"

Turning your gaze towards Alrik, you blush at his words and smile.

"Me? I think God's chosen is someone who is very strong and comes in the hardest times to save the true believers who are on the edge of defeat"

"Like the chosen one"

"Chosen one?"

Alrik's looks at you like you have asked a question about the most obvious matter ever.

"Yes, the one who comes at the end of times to save the believers from the devil's army"

No, you don't remember writing anything about that in your story.

"Oh, yes, I remember the prophecy"  

Suddenly, loud cheers erupt through the city as the people start throwing flowers in your direction and the soldiers following after you.

"May God bless the queen and give her a long healthy life!"

A man in the crowd shouts making the people repeat after him.

"Death to the devil's army, and long live the queen!"

Hearing that sentence sent shivers down your spine.

Maybe you are in the end of times.

And the chosen will appear at any moment.

But you wonder when he appears.

Will you be alive or dead?