Chapter 9

Hanni's POV

My curiosity about Lia's scar got the better of me, so I mustered up the courage to ask her about it.

"Lia," I said, my voice filled with genuine curiosity.

"I've noticed the scar on your arm. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get it?"

There was a moment of hesitation in Lia's eyes, a flicker of vulnerability.

But then she took a deep breath and met my gaze.

"I just got scratched by a cat." she replied softly.

I could tell that Lia's response isn't entirely truthful.

It was clear that she wasn't comfortable discussing the details of her scar, and I didn't want to push her further.

Instead, I decided to offer my support and let her know that I was there for her.

"I understand if you're not ready to talk about it," I said gently, wanting to respect her boundaries.

"Just know that if you ever want to share or if there's anything I can do to support you, I'm here for you, Lia."

She looked at me, gratitude flickering in her eyes.

It was a silent acknowledgment of my understanding and acceptance.

"Thank you, Hanni," she whispered, her voice filled with appreciation.

We continued our conversation, focusing on lighter topics, allowing Lia the space she needed.

I knew that in time, if she felt comfortable, she would share her story with me.

Until then, I would be patient and continue to be a supportive friend.

Lia changed the topic.

Lia's sudden shift in topic caught me off guard.

She asked if Dane was dating someone, and I could sense a mix of curiosity and concern in her voice.

"Lia," I replied, trying to gather my thoughts,

"I'm not sure if Dane is dating someone. I haven't heard anything about it. Why do you ask?"

Lia hesitated for a moment, her eyes searching mine.

"I don't know," she said softly, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

"I guess I've been thinking about him a lot lately, and I just wanted to know if there was someone special in his life."

I could sense that Lia's question carried a deeper meaning, something she wasn't ready to fully express.

I decided to offer her support and reassurance.

"Well, Lia," I said gently,

"if you're interested in Dane, maybe it's worth having a conversation with him. It's always better to communicate openly and honestly about our feelings. Who knows, he might feel the same way."

Lia nodded, a small smile playing on her lips.

"You're right, Hanni," she replied, gratitude evident in her voice.

"I appreciate your advice. I'll think about it."

With that, our conversation continued, but now with the knowledge that Lia was contemplating her feelings for Dane.

I hoped that whatever path she chose, it would lead her to happiness and fulfillment.

Cedric heard our conversation, he told us that Dane likes someone.