Ch.134

Lately, Bianca rarely eats. It's because she feels extremely nauseous. From the beginning, she wasn't someone with a big appetite, so it didn't surprise her much. It was clear that it was due to the mental burden of the prolonged war.

However, since they were at war, Yvonne was worried if Bianca's physical strength would hold up.

"Madam, you need to eat a little to gain strength."

"It's enough. It will be worse if I eat more and then vomit."

Despite Yvonne's pitiful plea, Bianca firmly shook her head. She knows her body best. It was clear that she would feel nauseous as soon as she ate another spoonful.

Still, Johaseng's involvement relieved the burden of Gaspard's injury. She felt psychological relief just by having someone to trust in this situation. Perhaps the same happened to Gaspard, as his steps, going up and down the wall, did not falter.

Bianca stared at Johaseng's figure, who, along with Gaspard, was blocking Jacob's army on the wall. She didn't know that Johaseng's participation, which she wanted to avoid so much, would take place thanks to her, in her territory...

Still, Bianca was worried that Johaseng would die in the war. Not just because Johaseng was Bianca's guardian after Zachary's death.

Much has changed, and Bianca has learned a lot.

She could no longer speak lightly of Zachary's death, and her attempt to save Johaseng had no purpose. Simply because he is her dear older brother.

Not just Johaseng, Yvonne, Gaspard, Vincent... Whose death isn't she afraid of? Bianca feared all deaths.

Is Nicholas' life okay? The coachman who handles her horse? The maids she taught to weave lace? And the maids' husbands?

But if that's the case and she tells them to retreat in the front line to save them all, who will defend this territory?

Everyone fights for their own life and even for the lives of their loved ones. Despite Bianca being the one to blame for the war, they were giving their lives for her and the territory without even expressing it...

To repay them, Bianca, as the representative of the lord, took the lead for Zachary's honor.

Bianca realized the value of other people's lives and, at the same time, knew that there were moments when she had to risk her own life. Her life wasn't any different.

She has been desperately trying to stop the future, but look! In the end, Gautier died, and she was unexpectedly invaded. Nothing was going as she intended.

The future is like trying to hold sand in your hand.

Most of the future is beyond her control and flows through her fingers, and she can only hold a handful of things in her hands. Plus, there's no guarantee she can hold only the grains of sand she desires.

She is just a defenseless human. Just because she knew the future didn't make her a god, and her attempt to control the future caught her by the ankle.

Now she has realized that it's better to take a step forward than to ponder repeatedly on how to go the right way.

So all she had to do now was to fight desperately to survive the present.

----------

Jacob let out a curse when he saw Arno's persistent resistance. The strong wall showed no signs of breaking. He really didn't believe Bianca would come this far.

It was anger, not admiration, that surged within him.

What could be the reason Bianca is fighting like this? Belief in Zachary or rejection of Jacob? Either way, it was enough to go against his nerves.