Ch.132

"Even if you ask the Blanchefort family, it will be difficult to provide reinforcements," Bianca shook her head.

"My father and my brother are now protecting the Crown Prince Albert. Even though Jacob is here, I cannot guarantee that he hasn't laid his hands on the Crown Prince. If we go to war prematurely and something happens to the Crown Prince, Sevran's future will be in danger. I can't see that person wearing a crown."

"Still..."

"I also sent a message. Once I receive a response to that, we can request reinforcements."

Although she said that, Bianca felt anxious. It was because she hadn't received a response from Odelli yet. It's fine if it's just a delay. But if something goes wrong...

"Fire!"

Amidst the clamor of war unfolding on the walls, a cry resonated clearly within the castle grounds. Lost in her thoughts, Bianca raised her head.

Smoke was rising from within the castle's interior. And not just from one place. Vincent shouted with a flushed face.

"Find the source of the fire and put it out right away!"

The place where the fire started was near the wooden building, and of course, it was forbidden to light a fire there in case of a fire. Bianca's forehead furrowed at the unknown fire.

"...Fire at a time like this?"

Moreover, they were in the midst of winter with snow. According to the weather, it was very unlikely for the fire to spread easily. It was a dubious situation, and Bianca's instinct never failed. Bianca called for Yvonne.

"Yvonne. Ask the servants if they have seen any suspicious person near the fire."

"Do you think someone deliberately set the fire?"

"Yes. They shouldn't have had a chance to bribe a resident, so focus on the outsiders. We need to do it secretly before they destroy the evidence and escape. Can you do it?"

"Of course."

Yvonne immediately moved away. In no time, she disappeared into the crowd. Bianca looked towards the castle with an anxious gaze. Although she knew nothing about war, it's not like she knew nothing about tactics.

If it wasn't easy to open a securely closed door from outside the castle, you could open it from the inside. Or confuse the interior of the castle and destroy it from the inside out. Measures like bribing a soldier or infiltrating spies in advance were used for that purpose.

And if Jacob had infiltrated a spy, it wouldn't end with just a fire. The fire must be a trick, and if there really was something more... They had to catch the spy as quickly as possible.

At that moment, the servants, who had been boiling a pot of water on Bianca's orders, approached her.

"Madam, the water is ready. Where should we send it?"

"Send it to the southwest. And divide the people boiling water in half so that one side supports the fire. Understood?"

Everyone nodded in response to Bianca's order. The first thing they had to do was prevent the chaos within the castle from spreading to the walls and calm the situation as quickly as possible.

-----

The fire was extinguished, and Vincent and the others returned to their positions. Everyone was in a hurry, so it was resolved sooner than expected.

At that moment, Bianca thought that Yvonne would have identified the suspect to some extent, so she took a moment and descended from the wall.

The territory was bustling due to the people who had gathered in large numbers to protect it. A small, slender young woman like Bianca could easily be swept away.