Tryouts

This chapter takes place after what happened in the chapter 'The Big Day II'.

ENJOY!

[Nobody's POV]

America hastily made his way to class, he quickly pulled out his phone and started texting his brother.

—————————————————-———————————————

< (I'm on my way lol)

—————————————————-———————————————

He started running at full speed, hoping he wouldn't make a scene when he entered the classroom. When he finally reached the classroom, he took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. To his surprise, the students didn't turn around and stare. That's because they were all gathered in one line, it was not just his class either. There were a bunch of other classes, all lined up as well.

America looked around for his brother, Canada was waving his arm around for him. He smiled and made his way to his brother who seemed edgy.

"What's going on?" The American asked with a grin. Canada rolled his eyes and grabbed America by the arm. "I'll explain on the way. Come on, follow me."

Canada dragged America to the back of the line, "Where have you been?" America was grinning nervously. Canada sighed, "Seriously? Not even gonna tell me where you've been?"

"I was at school, I didn't sneak out or anything."

Canada let out a slight chuckle, "I know."

"Ame-chan!"

The two were interrupted by someone. As for America, it seemed like he knew who it was. Suddenly, the American was tackled by a Japanese girl. She was dressed appropriately, she was wearing a cotton bolero jacket with a white blouse underneath it. She wore a pleated skirt which extended all the way down to her knees.

"Neko!" America shouted, hugging the shorter country. Canada also greeted her, but he wasn't really close to her. Neko was America's best friend. They were super close, they said they'd became friends ever since they were in kindergarten. Sometimes people wonder how someone like Neko could become friends with America. She was a very polite girl with good manners. Unlike America, he was ambitious and more outgoing.

Neko hugged America even tighter, "I haven't seen you in ages!" America nodded, "I know!"

Canada stared at the two confused, "I thought you two face-timed yesterday?" America and Neko looked at each other then laughed hysterically. 'Drama queens' Canada thought to himself.

"Hola, Nada."

"Mex?"

__________________________

Turns out there were three classes that were joining the tryouts in the morning. The tryouts were when students get selected to join the upcoming tournament. The tournament consisted mostly of duels and fun activities. The fighting part was what America was looking forward to. Though, some students looked forward to spending a whole week off of school.

"Ame, I heard that this year you get to choose your partners." Neko said excitedly. America nodded, but he didn't seem excited. "What's wrong?" Neko asked. America explained to Neko that he was already paired up and that he will have to spend the whole week with this country unwillingly.

"Who are you paired up with?" Neko smirked. America didn't want to answer because his bestie's a big shipper. And the country that he was paired up with will definitely make her say something. "Uh, no one. You've probably never heard of them before." America quickly dodge her question.

"No one!? Ame, if you don't tell me then I'll find out eventually."

"You're bluffing, right? There's no way you'd be able to."

Neko shook her head, "Oh you poor girl, everyone will know." America flinched when he heard Neko call him a girl. The American still insisted on keeping his partner a secret, but little does he know that Neko had a devious plan into tricking him into telling her the secret.

"Come on! Tell meeee!" 

"No."

"Pwease?"

"Wha-NO."

Neko leaned closer to America's ear and whispered, "I'll tell Canada that you snuck out that one time." America smirked, "Psh. He doesn't care, he already knows." Neko stared at the American suspiciously. America was sweating, he had a goofy smile on his face.

The Japanese girl suddenly let out a loud gasping sound, "It's Russia!"

America looked surprised, he quickly covered Neko's mouth with his hands. "How did you know!?" America asked. Neko smirked, "I didn't."

"Why- You... you tricked me.."

"Mhm."

"Yeah, I see what happened now."

"Haha! I played you!"

America stood there embarrassed, he was covering his face. Neko was dancing around him, twirling around as America accepts the defeat. A taller country approached them, it was Neko's twin brother, Japan.

"Heya!" America waved at Japan. "Nii-chan!" Neko shouted as she gave her brother a big hug. Japan was Neko's twin brother, but he was born first. If you have never met the two, you would assume that Japan's the older brother and Neko would be his younger sister. But in reality, they're the same age.

Japan didn't really get along with America like Neko did. He thinks America is a bad influence on her. Of course, Neko reassures her brother every time he mentions it that America is a nice  dude.

"I heard about the incident." Japan whispered. America didn't respond to him after that. Neko, waited patiently for an answer to what happened, but no one seemed interested. Eventually, Neko lost her patience and decided to do things herself. 

"What happened... did something happen last week!? You know I wasn't here last week!!"

———————————————————————————————————

Sorry this chapter was so short, I left y'all with a cliff hanger... 

(sorry Neko)