A promise

[ASEAN'S POV] flashback

- -Night Time- -

It was late. I had just finished dinner with my kids. I went to our porch to look at the stars and admire the place. I had just moved to the southeast of Asia and wanted to settle in a peaceful and quiet place. So, I chose the forest, surrounded by beauty and nature.

~[A boy holding a baby standing behind ASEAN]~

~[The boy tugged on ASEAN's pants trying to get his attention]~

"Bố ơi mỏi tay quá..Timor nặng quá." (Dad, my arms are getting tired..Timor's heavy.)  Vietnam said as he tugged my pants. I turned around and looked 

I chuckled, "Here, give him to me." Vietnam handed the baby carefully as I bent down to grab him.

"Bố..hôm nay con thấy một nhóc." (Dad..I saw a kid today.) Vietnam said as he fiddled with his shirt. He was clearly nervous, judging by his posture.

"You sure?" I answered back as I led him to his room. "Đúng! (Yes!) He was all alone just like when you found me!" Vietnam replied with a more enthusiastic tone.

'Hmm, another orphan? Could he be lost? How old is he? When did Vietnam see him?' I had a lot of questions flooding my mind, but I couldn't ask them right now.

"Well..we can talk about this tomorrow, Vietnam. You have to go to bed soon." I said, helping him with his pajamas.

Vietnam stopped and looked at me dead in the eyes, "Dad, he could get caught tomorrow! The Queen could get to him first!"

I looked at him, it was true what he said. The queen had eyes almost everywhere, the kid could get caught before I could get to him. But if the kid could survive until now, then he'll probably be okay tomorrow, right? Well, at least that's what I hoped.

"Dad! Are you even listening?" Vietnam shouted while tugging my shirt. I made a gesture to remind him that Timor was sleeping. Vietnam stopped and stared at me, mostly in disappointment.

"You said you would protect us..you said you would protect orphans from being killed." I stared at him even more, "I know.."

I took him to his room and tugged him in. Then he suddenly got up and turned to me, "Bạn đã hứa với tôi." (You promised me.)

I looked at him. I did promise him that when I first met him. I sighed, "Okay, how about I go look for him after you go to bed?"

He got up and hugged me. I smiled, "Alright, it's time to sleep. Lights off now."

"Đồng ý, (Okay,) love you." He hugged me and went back to his bed. I put the blanket over him and patted his head.

"Love you too." 

———————————————————————————————————

- -Yayyy we finished our first chapter!- -

I'm sorry if it's a bit short, this chapter is more of ASEAN's memory.