16. Christmas Surprises

When Katsuki begins to stir awake the next morning he lets out a loud yawn stretching his muscles out while he lays there for a few more minutes.

He notices that there are two things on his mind immediately. One, he wonders and dreads even what it looks like outside since he closed the blinds last night and two, he hates waking up without a warm freckled nerd next to him.

He groans with a curse as he wipes sleep from his eyes yawning. He and Izuku stayed on the phone late last night, trying to ease the ache of missing each other.

After forcing himself up and into the bathroom he finishes brushing his teeth then makes his way to the window. He almost holds his breath as he reluctantly opens the blinds and when he does he understands his own hesitancy.

It's still snowing and by the looks of things it's in feet not inches.

" You have got to be fucking kidding me.", he mumbles with annoyance.

He grabs his phone from the nightstand seeing a text from his boyfriend which on a normal day would make him happy, but not when he knows he's going to have to tell him it looks like a polar bear's ass outside right now, so he's not sure he'll make it home.

Deku 🥦
Good morning Kacchan! Happy Christmas Eve morning <3

Still, Katsuki smiles seeing it.

Kacchan 🧡
Morning Deku, just woke up, sucked doing that without you next to me.

Izuku grins as soon as he sees the text.

Deku🥦
Yeah, I don't like that part either. I slept on the couch so my aunt could have my room, definitely not the same as being wrapped up in you.

Katsuki aches cause he knows the feeling.

Kacchan 🧡
Should have slept in the sweatshirt I left you, smells like me at least.

Izuku smiles as he plays with the hem of the blonde's black sweatshirt that he currently has on.

He snaps a selfie and sends it.

Deku 🥦
I did <3 not the same though :*(

As soon as the the sight of those green eyes wearing his sweatshirt hit Katsuki's senses he wants to rent flying reindeer and get the fuck home.

Kacchan 🧡
Damn, you look good in that. Fuck I hate being here even more now.

The greenett smiles with a light blush as his heart aches.

Deku 🥦
I hate it too, speaking of..... umm.. how's the weather?

This was the question is was dreading.

He snaps his own picture of the snowy world outside his window and sends it.

Izuku opens it and frowns.

Deku 🥦
Oh no, that doesn't look good at all 😭

The blonde sighs running a hand through his hair and sitting on the bed.

Kacchan 🧡
Nope, not at all. Haven't seen my old man yet, pretty sure he's hiding from me so he doesn't have to tell me we won't make it back tonight.

Izuku bites his bottom lip, trying to distract the disappointment rising in his chest.

Deku 🥦
Maybe we'll get lucky and it will clear up later and you'll still make it..

Katsuki reads the text shifting his eyes outside. He would love to believe that but he doesn't.

Kacchan 🧡
Let's hope so. I'm going to grab some coffee downstairs in the lobby and see if I can catch the news on the roads and shit.. I'll text you in a bit. I love you nerd