3. Shopping

By the time Kirishima wakes up in the morning the blonde is already on his second cup of coffee.

An ever-happy redhead meets his friend's eye as he stumbles out in his reindeer pajama pants and t-shirt with a sleepy grin.

" Sup bro? Sleep alright?"

Katsuki cuts his eyes at him from the couch where he's sitting with a large black mug.

" I slept like shit. The mattress is lumpy as fuck in the guest room."

Kirishima chuckles getting his own coffee.

" No way man, that mattress is brand new, you couldn't sleep cause you got a case of Mido on the brain."

The blonde rolls his eyes taking another drink of his coffee.

" That's not true, I wasn't thinking about that nerd at all last night. And what the fuck is on your pants?"

Rose-red eyes shift down to his pajamas before he looks back at his best friend and smiles wide.

" Reindeer bro! It's Christmas time, remember?!"

Katsuki grunts in annoyance.

" How could I fucking forget. You shits won't let me."

Kiri laughs with a head shake moving to a chair in the living room.

" Man, you are so grouchy. Anyway, we're gonna meet everyone and do some Christmas shopping and hang out for the day! It'll be fun!"

Crimson eyes roll for what he's sure will be one of many times today.

" Yeah, whatever."

The redhead gives him a smile.

" Cheer up man."

The blonde says nothing only turns his sights to the Christmas tree where his eyes immediately find a green glass ornament. He's annoyed by his own action while he begins to twist the mug in his hand.

" Who's uh.. all coming?", he asked suddenly not looking at his friend.

It doesn't take much for Kirishima to realize who it is that his blonde bestie is actually asking about but he decides to play along with a grin.

" You know, the usuals. Mido will probably show up at some point, he normally does, especially if he knows you'll be there."

There's a skip of Katsuki's heartbeat that he didn't expect at the name.

He clears his throat with a shrug.

" I didn't ask about Deku, I don't care if he shows his nerdy face or not", he grumbles getting up to put his cup in the sink.

It's now a redhead who rolls his eyes.

" Bro you are such a liar, and so obvious! Just admit that you want to see him."

Katsuki scoffs from the kitchen.

" I will not fucking admit it because it's not true"

Kiri laughs.

" Bullshit man. And you didn't mind his so-called nerdy face when you kissed him more than once last year."

There's a sting of pain in the blonde's chest at the comment as he remembers those kisses. Those kisses that have haunted his mind ever since.

He pushes past his emotions.

" Like I said, whatever. I'm going to get dressed and you should too because if I have to look at you in those stupid reindeer pants any longer I might get sick."